Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tyre pressure 215/60/R16 95V

Tikkat3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SVZ Wagon
You,ll probably find their regulator is set to 50psi +- 5psi and they just hold their finger on the trigger,that way its (popping )the tyres on the bead,pumping the tyres up,all in one hit.Saves them from thinking & Depending how far up the road you checked them,if they had got up to operating temp,then the pressure will increase a few psi.
Follow VRSS advice

I doubt that is the case. When I was a mechanic the compressor regulator was set to 140psi to keep up with air tools and any other air operated equipment in the workshop. It takes a few mins for a tyre to inflate from dead flat.

Inflating tyres to 50psi or more will increase the chances of wearing out the centre of the tread and giving you a very uncomfortable ride.

I suggest between 36 - 40 psi all round.

CONROD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS THUNDER 6.0l 6 Sp
Yeh sorry I should of explained it better:bomb:,The compressor is probably putting out 140-200 psi to operate everything in the workshop,Bead breaker,etc,etc, but the inflator outlet with water trap could be regulated to say 50psi,with no gauge on it ,only a clip-on and inflate set-up. I,ve seen a few work shops with this set-up,while one tyre is being inflated the operator is changing the next tyre.Its all about saving time and multi tasking if he,s pushed for time as heknows regardless of what pressure he inflates it to the customer is always going to have their own preference,regardless if its under or over the reccomended/optimum pressure.
Like I said go with VRSS,s advise and get yourself a decent gauge dont trust those at servo,s

KustomKulture62

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 Specialized Hardrock Sports Disc 29er
I sell tyres as a job and I nor any of the fitters would ever pump tyres up to Max pressure unless the customer specifically asked for it. That size tyre always 34-36 except if towing or country driving as said above

Most weekend during the cooler months we tow a camper trailer so how much extra would they require and is that just for the rears or all round.
We also have pump up airbags insde the rear springs so no rear end sagging when the camper is attached.

Drewie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS (Original owner).
It also depends on how accurate your tyre pressure gauge is, I am in the process of trying to buy a good quality gauge at the moment, I currently have 3 gauges at home and they all read different, one is a very good german brand gauge I have had for many years and I have just found out it is reading 5 to 6 psi low. I had them all checked at our local tyre fitting place and the most accurate of the 3 I have is an old PCL pencil type.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON