Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tyre Pressure for Stock 18" VY SS Tyres

nabed4t

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT Commodore V6
I have a set of VY SS Rims but dont know the correct tyre pressure as I have a VT and the info panel is different. Any help would be great. Thanks.
Dan

kave1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series 2 v8 berlina
I have a set of VY SS Rims but dont know the correct tyre pressure as I have a VT and the info panel is different. Any help would be great. Thanks.
Dan
I put 40psi in my tyres. i am running 18''s.:thumbsup:

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I'd go 38, 40 in 19's for sure, but 18's would be happy with 38, you want a little give, else you hit a pothole and crack goes rim :)

helly

FUZZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SSV Ute Poison Ivy...
Dan

Anywhere between 38 and 44 (HOT)

I run 40 normally...

The XR6T gets run on 44 (That's 17's too)

It just depends on your suspension set up and your personal ride/feel preference, just play around between 38 & 44 until you find something that's comfortable for you!

PS. I wouldn't recommend going any lower that 38. If you do, you may as well just take to your tyres with a router, they'd probably last longer that way!!!

nabed4t

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT Commodore V6
Awesome, thanks guys, much appreciated.
Dan

300kwv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
L67
My bro works for a tyre place, and he said as a rule of thumb its 2 psi for every inch. So with a 15 inch tyre you would want a minimun of 30psi.

For 235x45x18's I'd probably run 36-38psi. Higher pressure will keep the tyre cooler but give a firmer ride. I guess its a trade off in the end.

Cheers