Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tyre pressure monitor

HOONER

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
I just went into engineering mode on my Maloo and I seen tyre pressure monitor. I don't have them on my car. Can I go to holden buy the monitor install them and get them to program them in or what

Thanks

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk

HOONER

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
detavuhe.jpg

helmotbros

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
I'm pretty sure you can but the sender lives inside the rim so the tires and that have to come off on all 4. No idea on cost though.

HOONER

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
I'm more then happy to do all that I was just wondering if that it could be done or not as I only have an E1 Maloo not the E2/E3

Henry19720

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 MY15 Man Sedan, MY17 SSVR Man Sedan
As above the sensors are located on the end of the valve stem inside the rim. On the sedan the signals are received by the - and I don't have success to the tech manual at the moment - the module that receives the central door locking signal (RFA module?).

When you program this module you have to let it know TPMS is fitted or not. From memory the instrument cluster will also need to be programmed as well.

Once installed and the relevant controllers activated the sensors need to be "learned" by a special tool.

The receiver module on the sedan is located under the parcel shelf.

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII SSV Redline Manual
This is an interesting read, I would love to have this on my Calais V as well.

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 Vf SV6 Jungle Fever
no need for a special tool, just do this, worked for mine,
In the event that a TPMS special tool and Tech 2 are not readily available, the following procedure can be used in conjunction with a valid central locking remote.

1. Turn ignition on.

2. Press the remote Lock & Unlock buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds until LHF indicator is on and horn chirps twice.

3. Commencing with the LHF tyre, LOWER THE TYRE PRESSURE BY '5 - 15 Psi' (35 - 105 kpa) so the sensor transmits a signal. Then follow the vehicles INDICATORS around the vehicle to program in the tyre positions using sequence LHF, RHF, RHR, & LHR. The tyre pressure will need to be lowered at each tyre to program the sensor. When each sensor is programmed the horn should chirp and the indicator will go out. The last sensor programmed will chirp the horn twice to confirm programming finished.

4. Reinflate tyres to correct pressure