Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

tyre pressure

Chlippry

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore S Pack VYII 2004
hello, recently i got a punctured tyre. a shop patched the puncture, and re-inflated the tyre. then the next day i checked the pressure to make sure they were all in balance, and the patched tyre was 34ish, and the others were 41PSI. this was after a little bit of driving so the tyres had a chance to warm up.

what my question is, is does anyone know the optimum tyre PSI to be running at to provide best wheel performance, and best durability? and also, what PSI would i need to put into the tyres when i pump them up when they are hot?

thanks

HARVZ-6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT spac super6
depends on the tyre size mate

i run 42-45psi in my 18s

about 38-40 in 17s

and 32-35 in 15s

vyjess

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy
also depends on tyre wear! most commodores running low profile tyres with low tyre preasure will wear both outsides of the tyre and too much preasure will wear the middle! i found that the front tyres need a few more psi than the rears to get even tyre wear! i have 235-40-18 on my 5l calais and run 45psi in the front and 36 in the rear! a v6 mite only want 40 in front and 36 in the back! the best bet is to put in what u think and keep an eye on tyre wear an adjust if needed! hope this helps

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Check the tyre placard (sticker) on your car - should be on the inside door frame.

blueV8vl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL V8 & supercharged VX
yeah i run 40 psi on any low profile tyres ive got 20s 19 and 17s all low profile tyres. havent had any issues but if ur got 15" i think 32 psi is enough.

red vy2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 S 3.8V6 M5
On 235/45 17 I run on 40psi & have even wear. It depends on how you drive the car thru corners thou.
On 205/65 15 I run on 36psi, tryes i use when going to the snow to fit the chains.
Remember to rotate tyres, front to rear/rear to front to get maximum mileage out of them, otherwise the rears will need to be replaced.

bigneilsen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS LS1
ive got 47psi in my 205/50/R15, great on performance. helps with fuel economy and getn the wheels spinning easier when having some fun. makes for difficult safe driving in the wet tho