Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tyre pressures

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII Prussian Steel SS-V Redline Manual
I pump mine to 38psi when cold.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Every word you say makes you sound even dopier than I think you are.
Okay.... I guess you believe in flat earth too haha. Have you heard of G force? thats the force that is responsible for increasing weight to the outside wheels while driving around a corner.

Brown Dog

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 Nitrate Manual Redline
So @ my latest service at the stealer, they recommended i get an alignment. (19K) And pumped up the tyres to 42 (and didn't rotate them despite stating they did). At least no new dents i've found yet.
I had a look at them today, passenger side front looks to be scrubbing the outside a bit.
I'll make an appt with Traction Tyres

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Not necessarily. If you're trying to align a car on incorrect tyre pressures you're pissing in the wind.
Please let me know how many years have you been aligning cars for?
You already stated your a mechanic so stick with your trade, don't upset the experts who have been doing suspension for 25 years.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
You already stated your a mechanic so stick with your trade, don't upset the experts who have been doing suspension for 25 years.
Who is a 25 year suspension mechanic? lol I love this internet qualification hahaha next you'll be telling me Eric Herbet is a climate scientist.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Tell me where, especially if it's a directional or assemetric tyre...

I also have to ask....I have a brand new set of Kumho KU22's...They only have a red dot, which is located on the inside of the tyre....What do I do when I fit them up?

Or if a tyre has a yellow, blue and red dot, which one do I use? Or if the directional tyre has a red and blue dot one side and the yellow the other side, what do I do....Or even if all those dots are on one side, with the directional tyre.
Interesting that there are so many coloured dots on a tyre but other than the white dot, I never knew what they were for or bothered to care as professionals mount my tyres :)

But curiosity kicked in and luckily a quick google search found this doc which explains the coloured dots on continental tyres. Seems the actual dots are tyre brand and OEM specific.