Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tyre recommendations

K

kabang

What 15" tyres wld you recommend for VZ Acclaim, doing a mixture of city and long country trips...looking for good grip in dry and wet.

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
FIRESTONE FIREHAWK !!! TOURING TYRE with hard compound last over 20,000km and silica compound check out www.btc.net.au or www.bridgestone.com

Either Firestone or Bridgestone i believe but dont knock goodyear,pirelli,toyo,maxxis,dunlop depends on price range

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
toyo transpath are pretty good for 15's, last about 50,000 k's when looked after maintainence wise

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
subdue said:
FIRESTONE FIREHAWK !!! TOURING TYRE with hard compound last over 20,000km

You would seriously hope that ANY tyre would last well over 20,000kms. If it doesnt there would be something seriously wrong with either the tyre or car.

I put Kumho KH15's on my VS exec last year. Fantastic tyre! Very difficult to get it sideways in the dry and wet and also a very very smooth quiet ride. In fact the Kumho's were so quiet I soon noticed how bad the diff whine was. Only $95 each. That was for 205/65 R15. Sold the car 2 months later.

S

Stoney!

I just bought Bridgestone Turanza's ER592....

They are a brilliant tyre. Great handling, minimal, and I mean MINIMAL road noise and how much better they pull up astounds me.

And their on road and take off grip is absolutely brilliant. (wet or dry) A touring tyre I would deffinalty promote for others to buy. They are also reasonably priced.

They feature bridgestone donuts technology that Peter Brock Advertises on the tele with that little gekko thing. Where "as one layer of tread wears, another layer comes through" (don't ask me how got no idea, and hoping not to have the car long enough to find out

Stoney!

S

Stoney!

Scooter79 said:
In fact the Kumho's were so quiet I soon noticed how bad the diff whine was. \QUOTE]

I noticed the exact same thing with the poor old cressida with the bridgestones, at high speed with no road noise now the diff is screaming lol.

Stoney!

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
youshould be getting at least 70,000kms out of a set of tires when rotated and balanced correctly and at the correct intervals.

Barcode

lllllllllllllllll
Reaction score
70,000 km's in my dreams
i am lucky if i can get half that but then i do enjoy driving my ute as why i bought it - not to drive like a grandpa and consrve and scrimp for every last km possible out of a set of tyres
i too am about to get a set for the rear and am enjoying reading what people have to offer
keep the recomendations coming

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
12Voltking said:
youshould be getting at least 70,000kms out of a set of tires when rotated and balanced correctly and at the correct intervals.

Dude, you sure you don't mean 70,000 miles?

A

Andre's SS

Who cares about millage?

You want performance and quality go Maxis or Nangkang for medium price

Or bridgestone etc if ya wanna spend big!