Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tyre replacement preferences?

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
The car seems to be chewing through the factory rears pretty quick so just wondering what ppls thoughts are on tyre preference for their bent 8? Seems I'll only get 20 to 25k out of the factory rubber on the rear.

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
If you have a source that can get you Bridgestones cheap, I would recommend a set of RE003, very nice tyre overall (I have a full set on my SS ute and will probably put a set on my VY when it's due for tyres).

Otherwise the Nitto NT05 seems to be popular and fairly reasonably priced. Heard heaps of good feedback.

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Currently has the 245/40R19 on can I run a slightly wider tyre on the same rim. Like a 265/35R19?

daves8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF Calais V 6.0 | 2013 VF Calais V V6 Wagon
I have the Hankook evos on my g6e turbo, and they are a great tyre for $240 per corner.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
If you have a source that can get you Bridgestones cheap, I would recommend a set of RE003, very nice tyre overall (I have a full set on my SS ute and will probably put a set on my VY when it's due for tyres).

Otherwise the Nitto NT05 seems to be popular and fairly reasonably priced. Heard heaps of good feedback.

How many k's have you done on the RE003 tyres smash? I think they look like the goods but being a softer compound would expect them to wear out a lot quicker than the RE050A.

Gaiter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder
Kumho Ecsta LE Sport KU39

Love them. Much grip, especially in the wet. Can only get from Kmart

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
How many k's have you done on the RE003 tyres smash? I think they look like the goods but being a softer compound would expect them to wear out a lot quicker than the RE050A.

I've done about 5,000kms on them. I don't expect them to last forever, but the Bridgestone rep I was talking to a few months back reckons he's got almost 60,000km on the set he was using on his company car. Obviously it's going to come down to how it's driven and alignment settings.

I don't drive huge kms though, so if I get between 25,000km and 30,000km on a set I'm happy. I'm a little harsh on rears (like most of us I'd imagine!) but they put my 440rwhp down fairly well.

sakatumi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline Sportswagon
I just changed my RE050A's only got 22,000km on them, but that was because I was too lazy to get an alignment done.
I got them replaced and put Yokohama Advan V105's. Got them with the 3 and get 4th free deal. $1235 all four with alignment.
Early days yet(1000km), but I am very happy so far, good grip, quieter and pretty good in the wet so far. Have just gave them a run on some wet mountain roads, and didn't slip at all. But I wasn't thrashing it, but gave me slightly more confidence than the OEM bridgeys. Could just be placebo effect and that the alignment was out with the bridgestones - the camber was off a fair bit. I believe the Yokohama deal is running but might be hard to get redline sizes. I had got the last 275's at the Bob Jane I went to.

wazsan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V Sedan
I have done 51,000 and the Bridgstone guys said they are good for another 20K's