Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tyre size question vs calais

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
1. I never quoted you a thing ,

2. you dont start calling my mates jockeys ....

3.As for the internet, i wasnt reffering to the internet as such ( i was reffering to people like you.....)

4. read the third last post and the last few words ?.

my issue has been resolved ......

Thanks again for your post...

1. You quoted me again, when you press "Reply With Quote" and post the the response you're referring to in your own response.

2. There's nothing offensive about the term jockey, in fact a tyre fitter is sometimes referred to as a tyre jockey.

3. People like me? you mean with real life experience in the trade trying to help and educate people of forums?

4. I did read it, Your point? The info i have posted is not just for you but anyone that comes across the thread in the future, Even though your issue has been resolved you have not said what size tyre you had or has now been fitted, what if some poor sap reads this thread and then rushes to the nearest tyre service and gets a 215/70r16 fitted thinking it's all about the width? they'll be out money and have a tire on a rim that won't match any others on the car or fit in the wheel well.

There's a reason why you match tyre sizes (apart from it being unroadworthy running different sizes on the same axle), when you change the circumference you change the rolling diameter, if you put the 2 different sizes on the rear they will be rotating at different speeds, 1 particular car comes to mind, when the person put their spare on, the spider gears in the diff were not healthy and having different tyres on made it crunch and grind as the spider gears tried to keep up.... doing this on a good LSD centre will help to wear it out real fast also.

Last edited:

CONNOR

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs
1. You quoted me again, when you press "Reply With Quote" and post the the response you're referring to in your own response.

2. There's nothing offensive about the term jockey, in fact a tyre fitter is sometimes referred to as a tyre jockey.

3. People like me? you mean with real life experience in the trade trying to help and educate people of forums?

4. I did read it, Your point? The info i have posted is not just for you but anyone that comes across the thread in the future, Even though your issue has been resolved you have not said what size tyre you had or has now been fitted, what if some poor sap reads this thread and then rushes to the nearest tyre service and gets a 215/70r16 fitted thinking it's all about the width? they'll be out money and have a tire on a rim that won't match any others on the car or fit in the wheel well.

There's a reason why you match tyre sizes (apart from it being unroadworthy running different sizes on the same axle), when you change the circumference you change the rolling diameter, if you put the 2 different sizes on the rear they will be rotating at different speeds, 1 particular car comes to mind, when the person put their spare on, the spider gears in the diff were not healthy and having different tyres on made it crunch and grind as the spider gears tried to keep up.... doing this on a good LSD centre will help to wear it out real fast also.
You find it hard to understand - i quoted saying that i went to the shop and its been fixed then i clearly said thread closed.......i have not once "quoted you in anyway with tire sizes.....

maybe if you are so keen on calling people jockeys maybe for the forum and public you let people no the meaning .....instead of saying something with no reason behind it , as we dont all have a "TRADE" in tires :).

and that what i quoted ......in the first place. then i said this in last two words .....

ps. you seem rather interested in this thread and responding - im sure as your a tire jocky - you will look in the book as you said. take care buddy.

AGAIN THIS THREAD IS CLOSED.

VRSenator065

Now in stealth mode
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Senator LSx454
Mate, fairs fair, its not up to you (or anyone else) to decide to "close" a thread. He is making a legitimate point. The aspect ratio is a key factor here and directly effects how "big" a tire is. The information you have provided isn't the whole story. It may be OK for you to just say my problem has been fixed so close the thread but as he says if someone else with a similar problem reads this, without that info they may make (a rather costly) mistake.

All he is asking is what the size destination was on the tire that didn't work, and what it is on the one that did. Surely that's not too much to ask on a Commodore forum like this?

Take a deep breath, we are all friends here :)

CONNOR

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs
his approach was a bit out of context for a friendly forum ......sorry to say....

and as i said my mates were correct it was 225 series , that made the difference , 215 have a issue in (my wheel arche) i dont no why but just do .

CONNOR

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs
Mate, fairs fair, its not up to you (or anyone else) to decide to "close" a thread. He is making a legitimate point. The aspect ratio is a key factor here and directly effects how "big" a tire is. The information you have provided isn't the whole story. It may be OK for you to just say my problem has been fixed so close the thread but as he says if someone else with a similar problem reads this, without that info they may make (a rather costly) mistake.

All he is asking is what the size destination was on the tire that didn't work, and what it is on the one that did. Surely that's not too much to ask on a Commodore forum like this?

Take a deep breath, we are all friends here :)
his approach was a bit out of context for a friendly forum ......sorry to say....

and as i said my mates were correct it was 225 series , that made the difference , 215 have a issue in (my wheel arche) i dont no why but just do .

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Double post and still can't provide all of the info lol.

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR II S-pac V6 Ute / VZ SV6 Sedan / VZ R8