Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[WA] Tyre Size

Walger04

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Maloo 340 SV
Hey guys,

Ok so had my ute now for a few weeks, one of the things i have noticed is that the front and back tyre sizes are different. All i want to know is can i get the same size all round or is there any reason that anyone can think of that this might have been done? The front size is what im thinking would be the norm with the 19's that i have on, the size is 245/40/19, the size on the backs are 275/35/19. I just thought i would get a bit of info before i go strolling upto a tyre garage and buy tyres that are not gonna fit and make myself look like a right plonker. If anyone can give me some info on this and i can go ahead and get them changed would it be better to get the 275's on the front, or putting 245's onto the back again? I'm thinking bigger thicker tyres are better but again i aint to savvy with this?

Cheers guys!!

Graham

matt02vx

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
Thats wierd sizes. Im guessing you have a staggered arrangement (your fronts are 8 inch and the backs 9 or 10 wide) .
The only thing I can think of is maybe the backs were rubbing on something so they put the 35's on there. If you can run the 245/ 275 45's all round.

Walger04

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Maloo 340 SV
Thats wierd sizes. Im guessing you have a staggered arrangement (your fronts are 8 inch and the backs 9 or 10 wide) .
The only thing I can think of is maybe the backs were rubbing on something so they put the 35's on there. If you can run the 245/ 275 45's all round.

Thanks for getting back, ill pop in by a tyre place and question them see what they say! Cheers

My Ride - Black Late 2009 VE SS Ute 6ltr V8

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
with the rear tyre being 275 you have to go with a lower profile (35) otherwise your speedo would be out heaps, 245/275/45 dont think they make them, 245/40/19 are orrect for the front and 275/35/19 for the rear if it was not staggered you would use 245/40 allround