Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tyre wear

Trish simpson

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sports wagon sv6 2013
Anyone else have a 2013 sports wagon sv6 with 19inch rims and Tyre wear
We are going for our 5th set
Tried everything rotation - Tyre pressure- from top brand tyres to your basics
Have been told this model you don’t put cam kits in
115000 Ks on the clock
Anyone got suggestions

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
What are the wheel alignment figures From it's most recent adjustment?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Firstly, how are they wearing....an edge or all across the tread? These model commodores have camber adjustment on both the front and rear, so if it is a camber related wear issue and where ever you are having an alignment done are saying it has no adjustment in this area, go else where, as they are crapping on

I have also come across the rear bushes being worn , causing the rear tyres to wear prematurely....The wear is across the whole face of the tyre though.

So if you could mention how they are wearing, this will be a good help to assess what maybe the cause

Last edited:

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Anyone else have a 2013 sports wagon sv6 with 19inch rims and Tyre wear
We are going for our 5th set
Tried everything rotation - Tyre pressure- from top brand tyres to your basics
Have been told this model you don’t put cam kits in
115000 Ks on the clock
Anyone got suggestions

Stop doing burnouts...

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
I had a similar problem with my VE S2 2012 Wagon, wearing the inside of rear tyres out,
the Dealer said I like to put the foot down, which is none of his business how I drive, Being he doesn't have a clue I carry a bit of wait in the back "every day", taking into consideration, I empty the back of the car out for them when I get it serviced,
but they know everything about the drivers of the cars that they "only" service.
I went through 2 Pairs of tyres, and figured this car is not designed to carry weight everyday with stock suspension,
After the third set put on, my tyre fitter said you need to change the springs on the VE's, or you will always scrub the insides out.
so I decided to install Pedders Heavy Duty Std Height Springs, and not had uneven tyre wear since,
in actual fact, they are wearing even across the tread, as I also run them [rears] at 38psi.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I had a similar problem with my VE S2 2012 Wagon, wearing the inside of rear tyres out,
the Dealer said I like to put the foot down, which is none of his business how I drive, Being he doesn't have a clue I carry a bit of wait in the back "every day", taking into consideration, I empty the back of the car out for them when I get it serviced,
but they know everything about the drivers of the cars that they "only" service.
I went through 2 Pairs of tyres, and figured this car is not designed to carry weight everyday with stock suspension,
After the third set put on, my tyre fitter said you need to change the springs on the VE's, or you will always scrub the insides out.
so I decided to install Pedders Heavy Duty Std Height Springs, and not had uneven tyre wear since,
in actual fact, they are wearing even across the tread, as I also run them [rears] at 38psi.

That was the expensive way to stop the problem.....Driving with weight in the back, causes the suspension to have more negative camber, so setting the alignment up with the weight in the back would solve this problem. After all, you align the suspension, as the car sits, so removing the weight that it normally has means the alignment isn't set up, as it is normally sits