Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tyres for VT

schrinky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Executive 9C1
Hi Guys,

Im looking for some new tyres for my VT, currently it has 205/65R15's on it and im wondering about putting some 225/60R15's on it, just wondering how they will go on a set of 6inch inteceptors.

cheers
Matt

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
My user pic is a 225/60/15 on a 7x15 interceptor. It should be fine, only a half a inch bulge on each side more.

225 is about the max you would want to go on a 6" rim though, lots of people on this forum do it.

graham7773

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Wagon
I'm not up on all the rim sizes but I thought the Interceptor (police) rims were 7 inch? In which case 225s would fit them very well. 225s are just a tad big for the 6 inch rims. A little baggy and let your car move around a bit too much at higher speeds in curves and corners. Basically a 9 inch tyre (tread width) on a 6 inch rim. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

schrinky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Executive 9C1
I'm not up on all the rim sizes but I thought the Interceptor (police) rims were 7 inch? In which case 225s would fit them very well. 225s are just a tad big for the 6 inch rims. A little baggy and let your car move around a bit too much at higher speeds in curves and corners. Basically a 9 inch tyre (tread width) on a 6 inch rim. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
i thought the police packs came with the 7's too! until i found out it was from VT2 onwards...guess what i have...a series 1! i was just wondering how well 225's would go, oh well, ill just stick with the 205's or 215's, its just that they look way tougher with the 225's on them!

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
Try your luck at some tyre/wheel shops, I have heard of people picking 15 up near new for $20 each.

TonyJZX

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore M6
15 x 6 black rims are cheap as but 15 x 7 silver steels are worth a reasonable amount of money...

relative rarity, cheap but wide tyres with good grip

and the trend seems to be steels with trim rings and centre caps for the sickness

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
ive got them that cheap
Try your luck at some tyre/wheel shops, I have heard of people picking 15 up near new for $20 each.

sus_038

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S-Pack S2
And if your wondering what type of tyre to use, i recommend using Neuton NT5000 i have them on my VT s-pack (there 235/40/18) great performance tyre and there only round $160 each got new ones yesterday and they just hold the road up thru the hills so well!

Just a bit of a FYI :)