Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tyres scrubbing on inside arch

maldotcom2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cammed mafless VS Calais 5-speed.
I recently put a VN diff into my VS, and as a result of it being shorter my tyres (which were already pretty wide) sometimes come up and scrub on the inside of the wheel arch. I've heard the term wheel spacers being thrown around but i don't know if they'd be useful or not.

DVOLVO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS UTE / 5 Litre Volvo /Trusty Swift
Any Auto Accessories sells them in different spacings..

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
illegal though

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
id go narrower tyres :)

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
I had the same promblem with a vp that was standard ,except wheels it only done it on sligth bends in the roads with weigth in the back usually 2 people ,I tried to fix the problem for years even bashed up the inner guard lip no luck
also a mate had the same thing, So are you sure its because you changed the diff ?

maldotcom2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well before i changed the diff i was only just clearing the OUTSIDE of the arch near the guard. Now with the new diff the wheels sit in an extra 2cm on both sides if not more. Tyres are 235 but i like my wheels and can't afford to change them anyway.

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
You dont have lowered springs by any chance? and how are the panard rod bushes much sideways movent ? and is the panard rod adjustable?

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
just get two of the same rims with a wider offset, and put the tyres you have on them, you would be surprised how cheaps wheels are by them selves

maldotcom2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah. The wheel spacers were a no-go. Even 5mm spacers made it so no stud went through the wheel. I also looked into the alloy spacers that bolt onto your existing studs and have studs protruding from them, but that is a custom job and at $220 a side i don't think so.