Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

tyres tyres tyres!

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs
i had 185's on my vn when i was younger its a mean piece of tread :p

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
As Wavez suggests, 235/45 is the widest tyre you should consider on 7 inch rims without having to involve additional cost modifying the suspension, body or both. The limiting factor is the amount of clearance available at the top inside edge of the front tyre, where it runs very close to the suspension strut.

The "235" part of the number refers to the width of the tyre in millimetres. The "45" part refers to the tyre's profile, which is the ratio of depth to width. The depth is the distance from the rin to the outside circumference of the tyre, measured as a proportion of the tyre's width. In this example, the tyre is 235 millimetres wide and the profile (also known as aspect ratio) is 45% of 235 millimetres.

Escape-The-Fate

HSV, i just want one
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, M6
As Wavez suggests, 235/45 is the widest tyre you should consider on 7 inch rims without having to involve additional cost modifying the suspension, body or both. The limiting factor is the amount of clearance available at the top inside edge of the front tyre, where it runs very close to the suspension strut.

The "235" part of the number refers to the width of the tyre in millimetres. The "45" part refers to the tyre's profile, which is the ratio of depth to width. The depth is the distance from the rin to the outside circumference of the tyre, measured as a proportion of the tyre's width. In this example, the tyre is 235 millimetres wide and the profile (also known as aspect ratio) is 45% of 235 millimetres.

thanks for that mate..very smart man, you learn something everyday on these forums!:thumbsup:

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
i got like 205's/16r15's on my 15inch for the vl they do all right nice good highway tyers, but i got my guards rolled too.

MaN|aC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 4.2 S/C
grab some 17x8 wheels and put 255/40R17 tyres on the rear :)

Im running 255 all round on my VT and its legal being within the 15mm rolling diameter

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
as said above the ve rims would need to be machined to fit, but im pretty certain the vz had 16in chasers too??