Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tyres with white writing on them?

GetToDaChopa

Blues Brother # 2
Reaction score
Members Ride
The Blues Mobile
Hi everyone.

Have been wondering about this for some time. I'd love to know if any companies sell tyres with white writing on them. I want to put them on the wagon. It has the standard 15x6 stock wheels on it.

Don't know what it is about them, but when i was a kid i saw an old Lada sedan with some wide wheels on it and those white writing on the tyres and i thought that was the best thing in the world.

Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: This was the model Lada if anyone was wondering (but it does not have the cool tyres on it :():

989197lada2vs.jpg

Last edited:

crazyspoon05

Penguin Whisperer
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VW Golf GTI (RIP The 'Bizta' VNVPVR Wagz)
For a cheapo version just buy a good quality paint pen and go over the writing yourself

GetToDaChopa

Blues Brother # 2
Reaction score
Members Ride
The Blues Mobile
I thought i could but my tyres for example have a 2 sided section (if that makes sense) so on the inside of the tyre (closer to the rim) it has nothing and on the other side (closer to the thread) it has some very small writing on it, so it does not look exactly right.

But yeah in the worst case i'll try getting a pen and going over it. So this paint pen, who normally sells them?

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Yokohama make a line for muscle cars with the white writing on them, but I agree the time is right for front rake and big fat 15 inch tyres with white letters to make a come back :)

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Yep the Eager were the tyre of choice if you wanted to be cool in 1990 :)