Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tyres?

travelprosv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
I am after new tyres for my SV6. I don't want to pay a fortune for Bridgestone Potenzas so are there any recommendations? I spotted a set of four Gemstone 245/45 R18 tyres for $540. Does anyone know how good or bad they are?

ve_alloytec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
khumo 245/45 R18 are about $380 i have them on my sv6 and they are fine.

rjp

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice with LS3
I was quoted $610 for the Potenza RE050A's and $406 for the Adrenalin Potenza RE001's about a month ago at the Bridgestone Tyre centre in Fyshwick, ACT. (in 245/45/18)
They stated that the adrenalins were a better tyre. I asked why they were so much cheaper and they said that Bridgstone was having trouble getting them recognised in the market and were trying to get more out on the street. Hence the cheap (?) price to get them moving.

OZChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SS Sportswagon
I paid $350 for a 245/45-18 RE050A recently - certainly not the $500 plus mentioned above.

BT1-355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP BT1 & BLOWN STATESMAN
Go for the OE or better tyres. By putting on cheaper and poor quaity tyres, you have just killed your car. Just remember HOLDEN spent millions of $$$$$$ on design, handling etc etc with the OE tyres eg bridgestone NOT the cheaper ones. I remember years ago, when i worked at bridgestone we had a few set of other brand tyres NOT NAMING THEM and we had the on a VZ SS back then. Boy thoses tyres did not handle, stop or do lap times as good as a OE tyre.

travelprosv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Thanks for your prompt replies guys but the prices you are quoting, are they for a set of 4 tyres or just one?