Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tyres

B

bdcmedia

Hi all. I need new tyres already!!! I have no idea what to get. I need ones that will do a LOT ok km's....I do approx 40,000+ km's per year. The stock tyres i have on my SS now are at 30,000km's and I have been told by the dealer that I was lucky to get even this amount from them!

So anyone out there on 18" wheels changed tyres yet, what are your recommendations?

Thanks
Brett
:bang:

raceace

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ HSV R8
Give Bridgestone G3 ago I have had a good run out of these, mileage and traction

SSV8pilot

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV- Manual Redhot
My VY ss got about 40-45K's on the originals and about 30ks on the second set - replaced with original Bridgestone Potenzas.

Sold the car recently but had to put new tyres on for the roadworthy - Bueaurepairs recommended a set of goodyear tyres - not sure of the exact spec.

In regards to the tyre wear - the last set had about 3mm left above the tyre wear indicator - however they had areas across the tyre that had worn sufficient to fail a RWC.

So it looks like the SS tyres usually last 30 to 40k

vzss_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
mate tell me about tyres i had 2 flats so far both in the back tyres and on high speed shredded them both thank god no damage to the rims and well at 370 bucks a tyre for the bridgestone GIII's they arent cheap and i have just done 20k so far on the odo so looks like i will be dishing out more cash soon damn

K

KeenoSSute

hey mate i changed my 18' tyres after 40000kms and im on a new set of WANLI tyres not too bad, they are a soft compound but seem to be lasting. Good price too. I thought there would be heaps of road noise but they're great. :w00t:

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
i think the bridgestone potenze GIII's are the best all round tyre for lasrger rims.....provide planty of traction and last for ages on mine......ive clocked 25,000 + in 6 months and they still have about 3 mm till the tread wear indicators so i rekon i will be gettin some more about at easter next year at this rate :)

jimmy781

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz executive
raceace said:
Give Bridgestone G3 ago I have had a good run out of these, mileage and traction

the g3 is a good tyre if you get the jap ones the ausie version develops a bit af a wobble at about the 180-190 mark so if you get them ask for the g3 not the grid 3:D

cold_carve

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SS 6sp Manual
got a question... different size tyre, anyone had first hand experiance with the pirelli dragons... size 205-65-R15, needin some for the ute soon, ill be doin a fair bit of snow driving... so far got 30000km outta the RE88 grippy tyre but 2-3mm off the wear line, would like somethin better. any help greatly appreciated cheers.

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
bdcmedia said:
Hi all. I need new tyres already!!! I have no idea what to get. I need ones that will do a LOT ok km's....I do approx 40,000+ km's per year. The stock tyres i have on my SS now are at 30,000km's and I have been told by the dealer that I was lucky to get even this amount from them!

So anyone out there on 18" wheels changed tyres yet, what are your recommendations?

Thanks
Brett
:bang:
Firestone, great touring tyre, 100 buks cheaper than the bridgestone and something you will be impressed with i can rave on about its good points but for a tyre that is good in the hills, highway,wet and track @ a good price either the 18" TZ100 or new generation Silica uni T Directional Firehawk Wide oval FIRESTONE - I use firestone and am really happy along with many more people i know....

Avaliable from Bridgestone tyre centres.

here is a link about my tyre suggestion & info on this bridgestone owned product:

"Wide Oval's streamlined uni-directional pattern with its three grooves gives your car an aggressive, sporty appearance, and its wider tread pattern promises the excitement of speed" www.bridgestone.com.au

http://www.bridgestone.com.au/tyres/products/car/treads/wovl.asp