Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tyres

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Not+Sure+if+serious.jpg

wassup353

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 2 VX SS
My two cents: I just bought a set of ovation tires for my VX SS and so far they're awesome. Not too noisy, grips like glue and looks great to. Haven't driven with them heaps in the wet yet but so far so good.

rang427

3.6 luxury spec
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 3.6 SIDI
My two cents: I just bought a set of ovation tires for my VX SS and so far they're awesome. Not too noisy, grips like glue and looks great to. Haven't driven with them heaps in the wet yet but so far so good.

HELLO DOWN THERE!!!

you have dug a fair way down

swingn_wasabi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SS-V Redline Ute
The OEM 050A's are over priced in Australia because they are used on many cars as original equipment.

They are a bloody good thing at the end of the day, but they should be approx $100.00 cheaper per corner which would bring into into line with other equivalent performing tyres.

Foggsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS Sedan M6
Given tyres are the point of contact cars have with the road and have a big impact on performance and safety, is it really worth wasting your time trying out cheap and nasty. Whats a life worth? What's performance worth?

If you can't stretch to the RE050A price bracket, have you considered the Toyo T1 sport which you may find better priced. That tyre will perform.

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
Given tyres are the point of contact cars have with the road and have a big impact on performance and safety, is it really worth wasting your time trying out cheap and nasty. Whats a life worth? What's performance worth?

If you can't stretch to the RE050A price bracket, have you considered the Toyo T1 sport which you may find better priced. That tyre will perform.

So, where do YOU draw the line on how much you spend on a tyre? $300? $1500?

There is hundreds of mid range (price) tyres that are more than capable of handling day to day driving.

Android

Reaction score
Website
www.androidsnetwork.com
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY9.5
Hi All, I don't buy too many tyres, but, when I do, I'll go for a top end tyre, I've cheap n' nastys in the past they didn't last more than 20K.
Our Subaru's Yokohamas (OEM) were rated at 30K, we got 50 or so out of them - we don't drive it too hard (except for once or twice in the wet - but thats another story)
I'll stick with Michelin or Yokohamas for the Commodore - I'm more interested in the safety aspect and stopping in the wet than I am on the price.
I won't spend more than $500 or so for a tyre.

jackasscraig

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ve r8
when it comes to bridgestone, youre only paying for the name. they are a good tyre but I took them off staight away when i bought and 06' ve ssv. i went for the maxxis 20x 245
ive got a 07 r8 now and run the kuhmo's. two of the best brand tyre ive ever had especially when it comes to wet weather braking. thats just my experience.