Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tyres

graham7773

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Wagon
Will the VT V6 Commodore wagon always at 1800/1900kg gross weight handle ok with Bridgestone R623 205 x 70 x 15 LT radials? I am not a racer, nor can I afford to turn my tyres into smoke. Looking at highway and suburban use. Anybody?

graham7773

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Wagon
Thanks for the reply. They should not be too hard as they are near new. Fitted to a vehicle sold new in the last couple of months.

lufkin

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Manual LS1 Statesman & VT V6 Calais
that weights roughly what my car sits at, you should be fine, only issues i found with that weight which you may not have thought of, is i started wearing out tyres quick in the rear on the inside, as the weight through the camber out

graham7773

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Wagon
Lufkin, I understand what you are saying but I beat that by putting new genuine GMH LPG coil springs in the rear. My old springs were sitting like I had super lows installed. the wagon sits like a new one now. High in the rear. Hopefully, no camber problems. The other reason I did it was I installed a Hayman Reece 2100kg towbar. It weighs about 45kgs on its own, maybe more.

Tree cutter

Tree cutter
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais SuperchargedV6
Being a light truck tyre they will be stiffer in the sidewalls than a passenger tyre, so you will get a harsher ride. They wont grip as well as a passenger tyre but will take longer to wear out. It might be a good idea to talk to someone from your insurance company before you put them on.