Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tyres

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I'd be keen to try these next time, for $1254 in the staggered fitment

ecsta ps91 | eBay

delivery extra

Have you factored in the fitting costs with that as well? Also depending on where abouts you live, there might be a Kumho dealership near you, that might be able to do a better price than that as well....Or alternatively, ask at a place that deals with this brand near you and see if the price can be bettered.....you might be surprised

shaness8

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG F6 VX SS
Have 255/35/19 PS91 on the rear good tyre for the price.

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod
For reference and despite my recommendation of Bridgestone over Continental, I just booked my car in for four new continentals at the end of the month. Bob Jane reckon they will wear sooner than the Bridgestone's but given most of my driving is highway I will still get at least 30,000 out of them which I'm happy with.

Cost all up for fitting/disposal, balancing & alignment is $1280 for the new Continental Conti Sport 5, from Bob Jane T-Mart for anyone wondering.

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
^^ Good price.
I have only ever heard good things about the Continentals so might give them a go as well.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Good price indeed. It's slightly less than what I paid fir offset Bridgies last month. Good pick up mate.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
That's the same price I've been quoted for the Conti's by BJ's and Jax, assuming the 4 for 3 deal. Unfortunately I am being told there are NO Conti's in this size available in Aus, and the next shipment doesn't arrive until mid July. The sale ends 30 June. BJ's are trying to negotiate a raincheck or sell them to me now on a con note. Has anyone heard of the offset Cont's being available anywhere? They are trying to sell me Falken 453's at the same discounted price. I'm not convinced on them but. Also trying to get me Potenza's for a similar price to the Conti's.
My car is tramlining pretty bad now, and rear grip is non existent. Holden dealer is telling me it's tyres and alignment. If I take off with say half throttle it squirms around on the rears. More throttle it just erupts. Not that I try to do this, but have done to see how much grip I had. Verdict not much!. So I can't wait to much longer. Might have to go with a set of Bridgestone's. Shame as I really want to try the Conti's.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
http://www.ityre.com/i/tyre/27343.jpg

Decided to go for the new Bridgestone Potenza Adrenaline 003's. All comparative reviews I've read rate them better than Conti's, Michelin, Pirelli etc. Bob Jane's going to look after me price wise due to the stuff around with the Conti's. They're a good looking tyre for sure.

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
My last XR6T has Dunlop sport as original tyres, they worn out really fast, then I changed to Michelin from Bob Jane, they were much better in term of wet driving and last longer than the Dunlop. The Goodyear were rubbish on my daughter's Honda Jazz, now it runs on Bridgestone. The Contis on my wife's Audi S1 are brilliant, never put a foot wrong in the wet and dry but don't know how long they will last as the car only a few months' old. Changed the 20' Bridgestones on the Mazda CX9 after 50,000 km to a cheap brand "Radar" as we don't use it often, they stick to the road all right but wearing out faster than the Bridgestones.

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
Forgot to mention, check all "new" tyres to make sure they aren't over 3 years old, there are indent markings (week/year) on the tyres. Rubber deteriorates with time and generally tyres should be changed after 5 years* even when they still have plenty of treads left on them. *Depends on the weather conditions.

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod
That's the same price I've been quoted for the Conti's by BJ's and Jax, assuming the 4 for 3 deal. Unfortunately I am being told there are NO Conti's in this size available in Aus, and the next shipment doesn't arrive until mid July. The sale ends 30 June. BJ's are trying to negotiate a raincheck or sell them to me now on a con note. Has anyone heard of the offset Cont's being available anywhere? They are trying to sell me Falken 453's at the same discounted price. I'm not convinced on them but. Also trying to get me Potenza's for a similar price to the Conti's.
My car is tramlining pretty bad now, and rear grip is non existent. Holden dealer is telling me it's tyres and alignment. If I take off with say half throttle it squirms around on the rears. More throttle it just erupts. Not that I try to do this, but have done to see how much grip I had. Verdict not much!. So I can't wait to much longer. Might have to go with a set of Bridgestone's. Shame as I really want to try the Conti's.

Funny that, took my car to Bob Jane on Saturday and they told me the same thing. "Sorry, but I won't have any more Contis until the end of July", a little annoying but he's looked after me. Giving me a set of the same Bridgestones re050a for $1280 fitted, can't complain about that!!