Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tyres

Global Dan

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Redline VF 6.0 2015
What Tyres are some of you running? I need some inspiration for my SS
Cheers :)

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Quite a few threads on that topic, probably because it’s ridiculously hard to compare due to the way they wear, how infrequently new ones are needed, etc.

To answer the question but without making a recommendation, running Michelin Pilot Sport 4S’s on the Commode, and Bridgestone Potenza RE003’s on the Volvo.

VE_SS_007

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
Continental Contisportcontact 6... very sticky tyres that are pricey.

Last edited:

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
What’s your budget? Nearly everyone here swears by Michelin PS4S but they are quite pricey. Myself I’m using Pirelli Dragon Sports and I’m happy with the overall performance for the price as they were only a bit over $300 a corner.

Daniel Souza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Wagon SSV Redline
I just use good stuff:

Rear - Rydanz Roadster
Front - Rovelo Sport A1

Being a daily driven car/ toll of trade which gets driven a lot I can't justify spending the big bucks on good tires.

I can't complain , maybe i would be loosing a second on two on the track (circuit) with cheap tires but for leaving some falcons behind on the road they are good enough.

Plus during all this rain in NSW , i had no issues with traction.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
it depends on what you are doing with your vehicle.
if you just drive to and from work daily then buying an expensive track tyre is a bit pointless because a cheaper tyre like a kumho, maxxis etc will do the job to get you to work and back daily.

just avoid those really cheap tyres because they normally have poor performance especially in the wet and they tend to wear quicker.

VF2R

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SV6 Ute/ 2016 VF2 SS-V Redline
+1 for Michelin

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
it depends on what you are doing with your vehicle.
if you just drive to and from work daily then buying an expensive track tyre is a bit pointless because a cheaper tyre like a kumho, maxxis etc will do the job to get you to work and back daily.
It also IMHO depends on who's driving it ... I probably have a tendency to spend more on tyre which the better-half is going to be riding on, because a $500 Pilot Sport 4S is going to offer better emergency swerving performance than an $80 Winrun to hopefully avoid a prang & the improved emergency braking performance in all weather conditions could easily be the difference between personal injury & no personal injury if being hit by something.