Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

UAI's.. Subjects.. Stressing.

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
ah year 12, you think its all over after the exams but here i am 2 years later procrastinating over uni exams! huzzah fo life!

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Good luck with your exams...I can tell you it can be one of the most stressful times of your life... But dont worry too much about not making the grade cause there are other avenues available... If all else fails go to TAFE and do a Diploma... they automatically give you entry into UNI and can take years off the time to do a Degree...it still works out the same but you will be getting more skills useful to employers than just theory taught...

There's an old saying...

At University they teach you to wash your hands after going to the toilet...
At Tafe they teach you not to piss on yourself in the first place.

Stupa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Storm
AS its been said so far, theres no point in stessing. just do your best, study and if you fall short there is ALWAYS another way in. I failed english which is an instant bar from uni so I had it all planned, go to tafe, do a cert 3 and at the same time repeat english. but then there wa sa bridging course i did to get in instead. so there is always another way. and usually not only one.

ProphetVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
A Pushie
I completed my HSC in 2001, here's what I did
2U Standard English
2U General Mathematics
2U Biology
2U Software Design and Development
2U Information Technology
2U Economics

Attained a UAI of 86.75. Don't stress over the HSC, do not be concerned about what marks you need, just study and be as relaxed as possible. I know its hard to do, but the more stressed you get, the harder you'll find it, and in reality it will hurt your marks.

The HSC isn't the be all and end all (regardless of what your parents or teachers tell you), it isn't the one factor in your life that will determine who you are, it isn't the one thing that will determine your career. I know plenty of blokes that got 90+ in their hsc, only to do nothing with it. I know even more people that got less than 50 and have gone on to do great things and get high paying jobs. If you want to goto university thats great, but if you don't get the entry mark its not the end of the world, there are plenty of pathways into university. At worst not getting the mark you want will set you back 3 years (until you're a mature age student), hardly alot of time in the big scheme of things.

Work hard, be calm, enjoy your final year of school, don't stress your way through it.