Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

UHF Install

Castlo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
hey guys,

ive been looking to install a permanent UHF radio as i do trips fairly often and having one would be a benefit.

only thing is where do install the unit, the only place i can see that would work would be next to my legs in the drivers side foot well.

has anyone else installed a uhf unit? if so where and got a pic of the install??

Cheers in advance, Castlo

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
To avoid drilling holes in the dash etc this could be just the thing for you and GME have a good reputation. You can remove it when parking your car to lessen theft by opportunistic thieves.. It's manufactured by GME (Australian Company) with great aftersales services and readily available spares. https://www.gme.net.au/catalogue/fixed-mount-radios/uhf-477-mhz-radios/tx3100pnp.aspx

this would be good option no drilling etc, also gets a good write up in 4x4 forums

Asmodai78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V Sportwagon
I've got the TX3345, and the base unit is Velcroed under the passenger seat and the hand unit is next to my left knee and it hard wired to the spare plug that behind the radio.

As for the aerial I have an on glass stealth aerial that's on the inside of the front wind screen http://www.prestigecom.net.au/laser-472-uhf-on-glass-uhf-cb-antenna

Castlo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
thanks for the options guys, was after something more permanent, was thinking of mounting the unit inside the glove box, just looking for other options for permanent fixture, will also be mounting an external speaker for it so i can hear it clear.

Im looking at a uniden unit, Cant go past them my old mans had one for years never had an issue. looking for a small like 4db gain for around town/freeway, and road trips going in the 8db gain region.