Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Uhf

scojohara

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim
This is a strange sort of post on a forum such as this but I will give it a go anyway.
I am about to install a TX300 GME UHF into my VT. I have a single din stereo and am planning put mount it under that. I was wondering if anyone else had done such a thing and if they have any photos or advice.
Like I said, a strange post but lets see how we go.
Thanks

scojohara

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim
Does anyone know of a holden ute forum where this sort of thing might be known?

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
You can get single din pouches made for the GME's. They are made by GME for that purpose.

Best to get one of them but failing that you could make some spacers to go between the 2way and the metal frame, then drill some holes in the metal frame and put some longer bolts in there. that should hold it.

scojohara

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim
Yeah, thanks for that. I was more after pictures of what it looked like and if it was a pain there or not. My other option is to put it in the center console but not so fond of this idea.

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
Thought of the glove box? Could just hook up an external speaker so as you can hear it.

scojohara

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim
Yeah, I had thought of the glove box but not real keen as it will used semi regularly so it would be a pain getting to the mike. Thanks for the idea though.