Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[ULIEKTHIS] - iChris' LS1 Statesman

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
Yeah 300ea is probably pretty close, depending on brand etc.

Good news on the bushings mate, always better to know what's going on there too. Oh yeah, slotted will look awesome behind the Eleanor's, do the statesmans come with the bigger brakes due to being the bigger car? Because all the V8 Crewmans came with the HSV sized fronts and Holden rear brakes. Would look really good with the big brakes lined up behind those 19's.
I understand brakes and wheels coming first, especially when you have the wheels already and brakes will always come first but 50% could last a while with only being a weekender. The slotted will look nicer though... and have a better stopping feel.

well when I bought the wheels (I got them brand new from tech9tyres) the tyres cost about $180 each from memory, they are a pretty basic tyre though I think, (austyre brand) the they are listed on the tech9tyre website for $179 each (fitting, balancing and such extra).

I'm not too sure about the size of the brakes they did look a little bigger than the VR. the VR series statesman and commodores had the same brakes as the vn/vp's (notoriously bad too) and probably earlier.

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
I can't make it sunday, I'm working.

I find a few of the eleanors I've seen getting around are knockoffs. I've seen heaps of them without the bboss signature on the spoke. but that aside, they are a nice wheel.

Nic92

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Members Ride
2005 Mitsubishi Evolution 9
I can't make it sunday, I'm working.

I find a few of the eleanors I've seen getting around are knockoffs. I've seen heaps of them without the bboss signature on the spoke. but that aside, they are a nice wheel.

That's cool.

Yeah my mate had a set on his vt. He picked them up from the wreckers pretty cheap. They get dirty easily don't they?

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
That's cool.

Yeah my mate had a set on his vt. He picked them up from the wreckers pretty cheap. They get dirty easily don't they?

they didn't get too dirty on the vr, but the black behind the silver finish would hide most of the dirt/dust etc. but I do also wash my cars often.

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
fitted a new numberplate garnish today. just about all of the clips on the old one had broken off and the one that was on the car before had some of the black missing from the backing. it neatens up the back end alot.

null_zps8ab6c1b9.jpg

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
now officially rolling on 19's. also getting brand new rubber for all wheels tomorrow, then I'm going to maybe think about lowering it. I'm not even sure if I can lower it without the wheels scrubbing tbh.

car was also parked on a incline when I took this pic.

also considering a shift kit but next on the agenda is the exhaust.

null_zps3df7dd80.jpg

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
now rolling on brand new rubber on all wheels. also gave the wheels a good clean as they where dusty from the VR being parked in a shed.

null_zps49e735eb.jpg

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
I don't understand the number plates?