Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[ULIEKTHIS] - iChris' LS1 Statesman

Rocking_along

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS ute
Thanks. It's not that bad on fuel so far, I don't trash my cars anyway. Trip computer says it averages 12.5L/100k's.

It ticks all the boxes for me and its so darn comfy. It also still has that statesman box shape that I like.

Very good fuel economy, I do at least 16L/100ks in my Ls1

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
still not too sure about the elanors james. I don't really think they will suit the car to be honest.

just a little pic of the front end. I'm going to get some new headlamps and maybe indicators and foglights too as they are showing their age. can anyone tell me how hard it is to change the lamps on these?

null_zps51ce432a.jpg

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
I'm going to get some new headlamps and maybe indicators and foglights too as they are showing their age. can anyone tell me how hard it is to change the lamps on these?

Pull front bumper off and then unscrew it , im pretty sure . Nice pickup man , yeh the ls1 is pretty good at crusing I get around 11/12 ish on the highways untuned (with mafless it will go down even more ) , but when you put your foot down a different story lol

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah I've been putting my foot down a little, but not too hard. not that I can even hear the 8 anyway. the darn radio gets louder as I accelerate to mask the noise.

what are people's opinions on headlamps such as these Holden VY Commodore Calais WK WL Statesman LED DRL Chrome Headlights | eBay

I like the look of them, but I'm not too sure about the legalities of the LED running lights.

my stepdad had a WK caprice at one point that was tuned for economy, that wasn't too bad on fuel either. it's something that I would consider getting done though.

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Looks the goods man need to show me it in person sometime and possibly cruise

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah I figured the quality might not be there as being aftermarket and all. I like the look of them though.

I'm free all day tomorrow frog if you want me to bring it over to show you.

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
pulled the towball and hitch off. dat ass.

null_zps972c4c9d.jpg

I'm also going over the car today to try and remove the little marks and such from the paint and starting to get some ideas together in regards to the sound system, going to pull the amps and subs out of the VR and replace the stock deck with a double din touchscreen and will be replacing the factory speakers too. just got to get the bits together, so any recommendations for speakers and double din deck would be appreciated. I'm after one with dvd, touch screen, ipod/usb connectivity. GPS would be nice too.

rory

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SV6 & 2006 Nissan Patrol ST
pulled the towball and hitch off. dat ass.

null_zps972c4c9d.jpg

I'm also going over the car today to try and remove the little marks and such from the paint and starting to get some ideas together in regards to the sound system, going to pull the amps and subs out of the VR and replace the stock deck with a double din touchscreen and will be replacing the factory speakers too. just got to get the bits together, so any recommendations for speakers and double din deck would be appreciated. I'm after one with dvd, touch screen, ipod/usb connectivity. GPS would be nice too.

Firstly very nice pick up man :D

I have the AVH-P8450BT Pioneer unit which for the money is great, this years equivalent is the AVH-X5550BT. Google can tell you what it can do :)

Navigation is going to cost you around 800-1000 more than the same without nav but it is a nifty thing to have.

You could always do the line out converter mod and keep that sweet factory unit if thats what your after?

The Morel Tempo speakers Nic92 had up front in his SS before his XXX's were great when I heard them and I think they beat my Type R's but mine were poorly tuned back then. But they would be my choice all the same.

Good to see you cleaning it up :)