Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[ULIEKTHIS] - iChris' LS1 Statesman

wks

Reaction score
Members Ride
Statesman
Also thinking about headunits. I'm tossing up between the dig_options one for the VZ and the Blaupunkt 830. Let us know what you decide on!

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
Will do.

I'm just not sure if ill be able to adjust the time as the buttons you use to enter the time and date are on the deck.

I've decided to go for a aftermarket one now as the factory one simply doesn't have the features I want. I feel like a caveman using cd's again.

rory

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SV6 & 2006 Nissan Patrol ST
Will do.

I'm just not sure if ill be able to adjust the time as the buttons you use to enter the time and date are on the deck.

I've decided to go for a aftermarket one now as the factory one simply doesn't have the features I want. I feel like a caveman using cd's again.

There is mods for 3.5mm input which can be changed to ipod input that is pretty cheap too (50 bucks could see it done easily), depends what you need, With the standard commy unit I would agree, but that unit looks nice and different. I know the feeling of not having enough features with the standard units in cars...

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yep. I'd like a double din with GPS ideally. I think there is another way to input date and time, ill have to do some research. I'm going to drop some money on nice speakers. The kicker splits I have in the vr are good but not fantastic.

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Yep. I'd like a double din with GPS ideally. I think there is another way to input date and time, ill have to do some research. I'm going to drop some money on nice speakers. The kicker splits I have in the vr are good but not fantastic.

From memory its doing something with the dash buttons

EDIT

142832d1338636761-wk-wl-changing-time-date-aftermarket-head-unit-time.jpg

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
aww sweet thanks tray. so it is possible with a aftermarket stereo. that solves all my problems.

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
I swear those tyre marks are not mine btw.

also some nice pics there scotty.

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
it's illegal to drive with fog lights on in WA, unless visibility is low (in fog obviously or heavy rain). I got a kit that's supposed to "restore" the headlamps to original condition, bit I've yet to use it. unlike the VR, the headlamps are plastic and not glass. depending on how well it works, I'll also try it on the foglights and indicators.