Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ulp/pulp/bpu

What fuel do you use

• ULP (91 RON)

Votes: 23 38.3%
  • Prem ULP (95 RON)

Votes: 13 21.7%
  • BP Ultimate (98 RON)

Votes: 24 40.0%

• Total voters

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
I use 98 because I have an SC Calais and I figure if 95 is required, then its highly likely that there are performance benefits to using 98.

barbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Monaro CV8
i used pulp 95, i found it runs much smoother than ULP with slightly better economy and i figure unless the car is tuned for 98 its not worth me buying it

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
i used 2 use pulp (we only had a chioce of that or ulp back where i used 2 live) found that there was no pinging and stuff with it, ulp there was, fuel eceonomy was better with pulp, made it about match up pricewise so i thought i mightas well use pulp, since moving 2 adelaide ive found bp ultimate, i get better ecomony, better performance and a much smoother running engine...until now >>> http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?p=382874

im not sure if this was caused by using ultimate, never thought of that, it couldve blocked the fuel filter or something i dont know, but when she was running properly bp ultimate was the go

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
i use ulp only because i have used my car on 95 pulp and fuel economy was terrible and i drove the car the same but i haven't tried 98 though.

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
i dont find any difference in economy with normal premium, but i get a lot better if i use vortex or bp ultimate

and about my last post, it was nothing 2 do with fuel, so im gonna continue 2 run ultimate or vortex in it

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
i think i may have to try this 98 octane i get paid 2moro anyway so its on pettie 4 the cruise this weekend hopefully it will go well at 10c dearer per litre.

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
i wouldnt put anything bp in my car its crap
mobil 8000 all the way never pings