Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ultra Low Kings on my VT

kid_720datto

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 Hilux V6
hey guys,
ive tried searchin this but havent been successful.

going to lower the big girl soon, and i want it fairly low. i know it may be stupid and pointless for speed humps and that but ill love lookin at it sittin so close to the ground

any way. i know im gettin ultra lows on the back, pretty sure super lows would be a better option on the front to reduce scrubbing when turning. opinions? ill only be running 17's

im also getting lowered shocks and struts and a 4 point super pro camber kit, and will have it all aligned once its installed.

ok, i dont want keyboard warriors to tell me how stupid this and what ever else, it probably will be but i stil want it. can any one tell me if they have had a vt on ultras and what it was like driving

cheers

Kieran263

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais Wagon 6.0 A6
Hey man, My mate has the same set up running on his VT (on 19" XHP JET blacks)
His scrubbed like a bastard but then got his guards rolled but you should be fine with
17" wheels tho. As for the ride, its very very hard compared to standard, but not
unbearable, with 17's it will be softer tho. It will defs look sick, good luck.

NightRIDA

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT Exec
Hey im getting the same setup, Ultra lows all round though, shouldn't have any problems with scrubbing. might have to roll my guards but ill see how bad it scrubs. Good luck mate.

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
ive got ultralows all round on 20s with my guards rolled and no scrubbing at all, ever.

makdaddz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT executive
hey man, check out my link at the bottom, my VT's ultra lows all around with 16" VE ceptors on it, dunno what size tred and all, but hopefully that gives you a good look at it
haven't had any scrubbing at all man

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
i've got a VT Calais which i had ultra lows all round. rode like a go cart. they only lasted 6 months before i replaced them with super lows. the ride is still firm but bearable, & my rear tyres last about 15,000 kms longer(and that's with a camber kit)

JSTCOZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S-Pack II
go to my 'my ride' thread. Had SSSL on the back for a month. Hated it, cant go anywhere and have to park outside of shopping centres cos speedbumps and entrances are to angled.

kid_720datto

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 Hilux V6
thanks for all the info. stil gonna do it even though ive herd mixed comments. maybe even though i have 17's, ill roll the guards any way and this will reduce tyre scrub even more. probably lookin at gettin bigger rims later but happy with the SS's on it at the moment. i want to change other stuff first.

thanks again

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
dump it on its tits lol, i dont reckon you can go to low.
i want SSSL's in the rear already, SSL's i dont think are low enough

Claudy

French Com
Reaction score
Members Ride
Manual Gen3 VT SS + V6 VT manual turbo
Mines on ultralows all round with new boge shocks:
1dd1a836.jpg

Front
5f33f32d.jpg

Rear
d25580bb.jpg