Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ultralows and 20"s

SeanVZute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Ute 3.6L
So I'm thinking bout dropping my ute on SuperLow King Springs and a set of 245/20's. Will I need to roll the guards or anything like that?

Weekend Warrior

Waghoon
Reaction score
Website
www.streetwagons.com
Members Ride
Black VZ Wagon
definatley will need to roll the guards mate. They should be able to just fit in there after doing that with the 245's, knowing this because i tried to put sedan ultralows in my wagon with 20" wheels and 245 tyres...didn't fit because the weight of the wagon compresses the springs more and it just sat too low and rubbed

daniel555

Custom VY Commodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2
If your using your ute for work purposes or heavy loads, No point dropping it that low, And putting 20's on it because it'll kill it slowly and you'll go through tyres so quick.

And yeah, Def need to roll the gaurds and prob a camber kit, But i'd say you'd go through tyres every 10,000km.

Thats-How-We-Roll

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VZ V6 Ute On 20z
wicked thanks all, just answered my questions, yeah bud i have 18" on my vz ute and it was showing wire at 25,000kms. def invest in a camber kit, its only about $300 or so but its better than chewing through tyres every 15,000kms

SeanVZute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Ute 3.6L
thanks for the advice, atm i'm running VY SS 235/40/18's. I might just drop it on like pedders sports riders or something and forget the 20's.

FAT.36L

8,000RPM FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo S13 Onevia
Take A Look At My Thread And My Car Done Scrub Only With A Car Load In It But Other Whise It Dont At All And They Are SSSL'z

Last edited:

Travy

A bogan with style
Reaction score
Members Ride
VC SL/E & FG XR50 Turbo
I have 20's and super lows and from my experience you will definitely need to do your guards, i had to do my rears ever so slightly in one spot. but then again it all depends on offset of the wheels etc too.