Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ultrex 3" stainless steel cat back for my SSV redline...........

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Behind the car is a good start :yarr:

Smartphone is fine, won't playback as well as is recorded on the handset, listen with good headphones or through car stereo. I just did this clip iphone freestanding on the grass, thing is you can't hear anything until the end playback on a phone, and sounds tinny and weak. Play it back through a system with Low Frequency Effects and... turn it up!

[video=youtube_share;jDZRZdh9Anw]http://youtu.be/jDZRZdh9Anw[/video]

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
So the trick to getting a cheap exhaust to sound good is to play it back through a good sound system? Bit like photoshopping your love handles out isn't it?

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
So the trick to getting a cheap exhaust to sound good is to play it back through a good sound system?

Well that will get the bass notes which are deliberately filtered out for playback on small phone speakers is the point. You just can't hear the low frequencies on playback on a handset.

Forget the sales pitch and brand stuff, nowadays is easy to just check the real pitch directly on the You Tube. A regular smartphone video sounds ace through PC or home theatre, and the feedback from other viewers is priceless, take a look at this bloke who whacked a 3" on his VF:

[video=youtube_share;X-GBO-pKtV4]http://youtu.be/X-GBO-pKtV4[/video]

Beefy and subdued, right? Check the comments.

Just sayin OP should put a smartphone vid in the You Tube because when you play it back on anything other than a phone handset it sounds much better.

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
So the trick to getting a cheap exhaust to sound good is to play it back through a good sound system? Bit like photoshopping your love handles out isn't it?

LOL Too funny

motaba

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SSV REDLINE
does this mean i have to upload the vid to youtube then insert the vid link on this thread ?

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod
Yep do that, also I really liked your post on how it fitted with resolution of issues etc! Well done, hope you love it!

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Has it got better with some carbon build up, exhausts always seem better after a few weeks

motaba

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SSV REDLINE
im a slack prick cause i haven't uploaded the video mainly because of not having a you tube account

to answer your question, im wrapped with the sound, both at idle and when i plant it.........its definitely maturing........

but the most thing im shocked over is the lack of drone.......with my 3" x force cat back on my VE SSV auto i got drone going up hill when the car would stay in 4th or 5th.........i just took over manually and problem solved.....

with this ultrex exhaust i took the VF SSV auto to handorf and there was no drone cruzing up hill at all

like i already posted.......on the flat while cruzing in AFM mode theres a slightly lighter growl thats increased in pitch..........but no reverberating drone..........

if your looking for a budget 3" stainless steel cat back system for $1000.........i would recommend this one

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Sounds like they have got it right. Well done on taking the risk.

DAZVFV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Are you still happy with your Ultrex catback mate? Im close to getting one but really don't want drone just a nice not too loud note

Last edited: