Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Umemployed?

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
As title says who is without work/umemployed. Well i am and havn a hard to finding work. i have searched the net papers an most places want younger juniors under 20 whats the go with that i no i no cheaper, but im sick of it now lol from haven a decent payn job which ended in around march i havnt had any luck. im even lookn for app but most want juniors which i thought its for any age? im even lookn for factory work not that i want to but i need the money. well not need but want :p more. centrelink think its just easy as a click of the fingures yeh rite. just sein if anyone else has this problem or its just me which i hope not lol

thanks for reading lol

cheers

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
I had a hard time finding work earlier this year but I stuck with it and found something. Just dont be picky, if you need the money find a crap job, then when you find a better one, just quit. Also apply for a few at a time, you can always turn one down for another.

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
yeh i for one used to b picky but now i have learnt not too be as much lol

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
I'm unemployed, and it's nearly impossible to find work down here! There's nothing!

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
yep :(

Can't find anything It's a bitch when your only 17 & no license.

Cheers
MaT

VRFURY

Just Nic
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Berlina International Sportswagon
i cant seem to get a full time job any way im stuck in a carppy pizza shop..

i have been to so many interveiws im ready to give up dam it

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
HoZy said:
yep :(

Can't find anything It's a bitch when your only 17 & no license.

Cheers
MaT
Yeah true Mat, but hey! Not for long!

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Instead of just moaning about the job market... ask yourselves just one question

"What are you doing for yourself to make yourself more employable ?"

I'm without work atm... but I choose to be that way so I can study fulltime to gain a Diploma. When I've finished study I will have more skills than I have at present which will make me more employable to future employees. I'll be skilled enough to work as a contractor for anyone in the world that speaks english and needs IT personell....and won't have to worry about being tied to employers...this is my new personal workplace reform. :D

When I've finished I'll more than payback any taxes that have supported me while I've been out of work...by being in a higher paying job and tax bracket than what I will ever be if I dont study.

The biggest mistake anyone can make in their younger years is to not have their own direction or destiny to follow. It will turn around and bite them in the bum when they are older.

If you're all now just seaching for whatever employer will take you in and train you to do a job, then you will always be on the bottom of the heap and fighting for work entitlements. The way the gov has made things now with job contracts, people wont be able to fight for much without a good skills base.

It's sad to see on the news factories closing down and people suddenly being retrenched... people that have slaved their whole lives in one job suddenly unemployed with only minor skills for one type of job that any trained monkey could do. Look at what happened to Queensland with the banana's... now there's lot's of banana packers with nothing to pack.

If you get yourselves trained in some major field that will always be there and always in demand for people to do the work, then you'll always be employable as soon as you become unemployed.

Bit of a rant but just my 2c....

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
sixshooter, you seem very confident that just a diploma will get you a high paying job. No offence, but if you want high paying, you really need uni. Tafe only teaches you enough of the basics to get by. Why didnt you jst do something like A+ with MSCE? Loads of people looking for MSCE's and the pay is always good.
Sorry bud, not trying to get you down, its great to see people re-educating themselves, just saying what i know from working in this area.

I am actually doing Bach. Of commerce next year.

Anyways, i have never had this problem, i won't leave a job until i have a new one. I would never ever place myself into a job that i didn't like, as in the end you not only wasted your own time, but you waste the employers time also, which is a big no no.

Last edited:

jack.mc

Nothing witty to say :(
Reaction score
Website
www.jacks-lounge.com
Members Ride
VN Vacationer
Same here Minux - I've had (crappy) jobs since I was 16, leaving one as a better offer came up. And I'm at uni - who knows what I'll do when I finish up with that..