Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

un-even stance after being lowered??

sam.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S II
hey guys and girls, i drive a VY S II and just had my car lowered (professional, not DIY) and 2 weeks later i have noticed that it now sits un-even. the left rear is lower than the right rear?? i can only just squeez my hand between the gaurd and the trye on the left rear (how i want it) but on the right side i hav plenty of room for my hand to move up and down between the trye and the gaurd? i havnt measure exactly but at a guess i would say its about 5mm higher than the left side.
any ideas why this has happened??
thanks

sam.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S II
thats what im going to do, but i was just wondering if this is common, what it could be, can it be prevented?

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
yeah mine was the same, got done at suspension shop, with same springs, dont know why its like that, tried to jack car up and turn the spring around at the rear but no luck.

sam.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S II
its only 5mm but its so annoying! if i got it dont by professionals i expect it to be done right. how did they fix yours? and i heard from a friend that it could be a rotated spring but it shouldnt happen in the first place?

Kingston_99

383ci HTV2300 blown LS1!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute STROKED/BLOWN
mine sits the same too. but it was installed by the last owner +3 years ago (by a profesional shop).
havnt been bothered to try fix it.
if they have a solution, please tell is and maybe i can do it to mine...but im thinking of baging the rear of mine.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Either the spring isn't seated properly or they are uneven in their stiffness/height.

Reaper

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Now that it's lowered it is a lot easier to get the springs in and out, swap the rears left to right and see if it makes a difference. If not, then swap the fronts.