Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Under seat active sub

SID888

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX1 5.7L Berlina Wagon A4
Got a new Sony WXGT90BT head unit to replace the stock head unit for my car as I wanted Bluetooth, aux in and usb for playing music off my Galaxy s3 or ipod touch and for charging them. The front door speakers were replaced a while ago, not sure what they are but they are way better than the stock ones, the rear door speakers are still the stock ones. I want to get a bit better sound from the system and was thinking off putting a sub in under the seat. Not after real big sound just a little more bass. Are these compact active subs AR 8" CAR Underseat Active Double Voice Coil Subwoofer Class D Amplifier USA | eBay any good? The head unit has a sub out connection and I don't really want to have to get a sub and separate amp if possible. Thanks for any info/ideas.

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
If you are going that way, I'd look at Pioneer or similar, not the cheapies.

You could also look at something like this with an in built amp.
I've had one of these 12 inch Fli Trap subs for about 2 years and find it to be excellent.
You can get them in 10 inch as well and also twin 12's.

Attachments

• Fli trap.png
    Fli trap.png
    340.4 KB · Views: 743

cheekycowboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 sv8 vy 2005 vz sv6 crewman
i had the fusion 8inch, it was ok... but ya know.. it was an 8inch sub... lol

SID888

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX1 5.7L Berlina Wagon A4
Thanks for the feedback guys, will have a look at the better quality active subs as you have recommended.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
With the Focals there are 2 models, one is just the standard active one, in built amp for the sub. The other has the amp for the sub, plus a small 2 channel amp built in to run a set of speakers to. So if you haven't all ready amplified the front speakers, it might be worth looking at that model. But were talking like 600 bucks, which is a lot of money for something small that goes under the seat.

Personally if space is an issue (but it's a wagon right?) i'd look at some amps like the Pioneer prs, they are really small and will go under the seats out of sight. From there you could put something compact down the back. I'm not sure you'd walk away being too please with an 8'' sub under the seat in such a large car.