Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Underbody Aero Panels

AAAC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Motorsport
The VE Series 2 Commodores were fitted with the plastic panels beneath the car to aid aerodynamics and reduce fuel consumption. To my knowledge the VF Commodores did not have them but I easily fitted them to my VF2 SSVR. The mounting holes were all there. I also fitted the plastic sump guard. Apart from any fuel consumption benefits, in my view they finish off the car better.
With some sadness, I watched the short clip of the final vehicles being produced on the Wheels Magazine website, link below, and all the vehicles shown had the panels fitted, no doubt to make them look better for the cameras!
https://www.wheelsmag.com.au/news/1...r-vehicles-to-be-built-by-holden-in-australia

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
Series 1 VF V6 Models had the plastic panels fitted. I recollect that the V8 models did not due to some cooling issues. After MY15 models were released it was no longer fitted as a cost saving "feature" with a few others things no longer installed such as a CD/DVD player.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
The VE Series 2 Commodores were fitted with the plastic panels beneath the car to aid aerodynamics and reduce fuel consumption.

Must have been a V6 thing, as my MY12 Redline ute and MY12.5 Maloo don't have any underbody panels.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
They were only a short term rouse so Holden could achieve better fuel figures then they were dropped to save costs.

I often wonder if I should buy some for my Redline as all my Euros have them for their aero properties.

Clay1391

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ssv redline
Honestly who uses the cd player..... may as well been a cassette player. My series 1 has a cd player and i havent used it once.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
They were only a short term rouse so Holden could achieve better fuel figures then they were dropped to save costs.

I often wonder if I should buy some for my Redline as all my Euros have them for their aero properties.
Definitely. Aero, NVH, protection, finish. Otherwise incomplete / cheap and basic.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
The VE Series 2 Commodores were fitted with the plastic panels beneath the car to aid aerodynamics and reduce fuel consumption. To my knowledge the VF Commodores did not have them but I easily fitted them to my VF2 SSVR. The mounting holes were all there. I also fitted the plastic sump guard. Apart from any fuel consumption benefits, in my view they finish off the car better.
With some sadness, I watched the short clip of the final vehicles being produced on the Wheels Magazine website, link below, and all the vehicles shown had the panels fitted, no doubt to make them look better for the cameras!
https://www.wheelsmag.com.au/news/1...r-vehicles-to-be-built-by-holden-in-australia
Any pictures. Where did you get the panels from ? I am keen to fit the side panels to my SS

Last edited:

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
Honestly who uses the cd player..... may as well been a cassette player. My series 1 has a cd player and i havent used it once.
I use the CD all the time in my Calais as it has just he base sound system being a wagon. The MSE despite having the BOSE system playing MP3 or AAC songs ripped at a high rate are very ordinary and seem a waste of the sound system. If I was able to play CD's at least I could get the "best" out of the sound system.

Clay1391

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ssv redline
Spotify and other streaming apps are more and more popular every day. Its only time before every car manufacture will sell cars without a cd player

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
I looked at mine and it does not seems to have the mounting studs with threads like series II VE

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171022-101749.jpg
    Screenshot_20171022-101749.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 1,936
Last edited: