Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Underbody Aero Panels

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
There is no spare there is nothing from diff back or between mufflers side to side can't be good aero wise.I must admit it the under body git looks as though it should help aerodynamics but only if there was something to fill up the huge hole at the back don't know if the Malo has something or anyone out there have any idea

This is a Maloo spare, underneath a Magnum.

2017-12-18 20.26.40 (Large).jpg

Hq King

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS 2 Magnum
just got a sheet of alloy and cut it out, was alot of time thinking of the best way to mount it ect and get the right angle, could have put some fins on for better defuser but car is low enough and would prob knock them off going up/down driveways, i have a pic of the near finished effort just some sealed edges and the spot under the diff can have a panel made up to seal it all up from center mufflers back but the new exhaust stuffed all that up and have to redo now, when car is on ground the rear arms actually go up just inside the cutouts
20160425-142834.jpg
Hey thanks for the photo nice job I presume the 2 side drop down parts are for the mufflers did you weld them in I do like what you done there. Is it street or I guess with that effort you track it

Hq King

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS 2 Magnum
This is a Maloo spare, underneath a Magnum.

View attachment 201830
Ok I was wondering if the mallo had some sort of defuser or something? Nice looking magnum red no towbar just like mine lol I presume you got second hand parts for the spare wheel attachment .I was quoted 2500 from dealer no mag wheel

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
Hey thanks for the photo nice job I presume the 2 side drop down parts are for the mufflers did you weld them in I do like what you done there. Is it street or I guess with that effort you track it
for those muffler sections i just cut it out and bent it down then fibreglass it, new changes ill prob cut out a section so u see the mufflers but it stays in line with airflow since they hang a little lower, im going to get into some track and quarter events but more toward track, doing some big changes to front airdam also to get better flow thru radiator/intercooler/oil cooler and building engine

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok I was wondering if the mallo had some sort of defuser or something? Nice looking magnum red no towbar just like mine lol I presume you got second hand parts for the spare wheel attachment .I was quoted 2500 from dealer no mag wheel

The diffuser on the Maloo is the spare wheel tub, as in the pic.
I can swap the bits between the Maloo and the Magnum in less than 30 minutes.

Hq King

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS 2 Magnum
The diffuser on the Maloo is the spare wheel tub, as in the pic.
I can swap the bits between the Maloo and the Magnum in less than 30 minutes.
Ok sorry I didn't have a proper look what year is the malloo ?do you think it makes any difference in handling or fuel economy or is it just better to have a spare which to be honest isn't such a bad idea

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
for aero efficiency if u look at the ute pic u cant leave the vehicle with an edge or flat 90 deg surface because that creates high speed air and u want that at the front of the vehicle and then u need like i have made at the rear to then introduce the high speed air back to low speed to then enter the normal air after the vehicle as to not drag any air along with it, then the fins if used help stop any air from tumbling back to normal flow also, this makes the underneath airflow faster then the air going over the top and thus making downforce, factory has alot of areas under that catch airflow making it tumble and create high and low pressures everywhere which is opposite of what u really want

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride

Ok sorry I didn't have a proper look what year is the malloo ?do you think it makes any difference in handling or fuel economy or is it just better to have a spare which to be honest isn't such a bad idea

The Maloo is an E3, MY12.5, at cruising speeds, I don't think it makes any difference in handling or economy.
My ol' skool thinking is that its better to carry a spare, than an inflation kit...

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Today I tried to order a RH underbody aero panel from my local Wholden dealer$hip, to replace one of mine which is damaged. Naturally, the part GM number (92456817) stamped in the plastic itself doesn’t come up on their system (but not “superseded” either like often happens). Even when I provided my VIN that made no difference - they could only see the sump guard panel and the front panel that goes under radiator. It is as if Holden have deleted any reference to the underbody panels from their system. Ok, I get that they were deleted on VF2 but that doesn’t explain why there is nothing on their computer under my VIN when my car had them fitted from factory. Oh well Holden’s loss, it’s another visit to the wreckers by the looks...

Looks like they are now 92456818 and 92456819. They are still in parts system. Your mate didn't know where to look.
upload_2018-10-23_15-36-29.png