Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Underbody Aero Panels

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
I am a real fan of the full flat floor with rear deffuser it will give you measured down force with a measured decrease in drag ( not no drag ) at 100 kph . You tube Julian Edgar modifying the aerodynamics of your street car , he makes his aero panels then tests by measuring air pressures and suspension height and fixed throttle speed tests , He does this on the road not wind tunnel or computer simulation his is real life testing . I find his videos really interesting and has opened my eyes to what works and why

if you think these underbody panels that are the subject of this thread are even close to this you are kidding yourself.

Hq King

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS 2 Magnum
if you think these underbody panels that are the subject of this thread are even close to this you are kidding yourself.
I am under no illusion that the holden aero panels will do anything aerodynamicly at all . That is why I said a full underfloor with rear deffuser you need the full package front to back

tommy_z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Director
So a year on from this conversation. How did everyone go with the LS3 and the aero panels.?

Absolutely perfect, nothing adverse whatsoever.
Don't notice any drop in fuel consumption from its installation so I can't say there's anything aerodynamically different. But the installation of this was more to clean up the underbody and prevent damage to the engine (ie. Ron Burgundy's stone on the engine belt) or rubbish getting caught up to the fuel lines. It's not difficult and a nice way to finish the car off underneath.

Antman78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Commodore
The VE Series 2 Commodores were fitted with the plastic panels beneath the car to aid aerodynamics and reduce fuel consumption. To my knowledge the VF Commodores did not have them but I easily fitted them to my VF2 SSVR. The mounting holes were all there. I also fitted the plastic sump guard. Apart from any fuel consumption benefits, in my view they finish off the car better.
With some sadness, I watched the short clip of the final vehicles being produced on the Wheels Magazine website, link below, and all the vehicles shown had the panels fitted, no doubt to make them look better for the cameras!
https://www.wheelsmag.com.au/news/1...r-vehicles-to-be-built-by-holden-in-australia
I have a 2010 VE commodore and the aero protection plastic pieces are broken underneath, any idea where I can buy a replacement. My Partner wants them on. Cheer's Guy's

Antman78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Commodore
They were only a short term rouse so Holden could achieve better fuel figures then they were dropped to save costs.

I often wonder if I should buy some for my Redline as all my Euros have them for their aero properties.

Any idea where I can buy the plastic pieces for a 2010 VE commodore

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I have a 2010 VE commodore and the aero protection plastic pieces are broken underneath, any idea where I can buy a replacement. My Partner wants them on. Cheer's Guy's
EBay. Wreckers.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Interesting thread to pop up. I did an oil change for my neighbour. We both have VE Calais. His is a series 1.5, mine series 1. The series 1 Calais had a better finish, though his has the 6L50e and that’s a big win over the shitty 5L50e.

So I get under there to get to the sump plug and this friggen panel is there.
Added another 20mins to the job.

What a pain.
Here’s one I found on the magic round about.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/VE-Comm...-/184680569965?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Interesting thread to pop up. I did an oil change for my neighbour. We both have VE Calais. His is a series 1.5, mine series 1. The series 1 Calais had a better finish, though his has the 6L50e and that’s a big win over the shitty 5L50e.

What a pain.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/VE-Comm...-/184680569965?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

My MY10 sv6 had this as well

Most euro car come with this

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2

What a pain.
Took mine off my ve and deligated it to the back of the shed.

Last edited: