Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Underbody Aero Panels

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Yeah, I’d be interested what is under a Director as my MSE does not have the sump, side and rear aero kit (so no fuel consumption improvements :p).

Yet I have a silly battery charge system to reduce alternator load and improve fuel economy of my 6.3 ltr V8 - ok i confess I didn’t believe it when I was told this :rolleyes:

Director does not have the undercover panels. I just put my car on the hoist to have a look
Underbody.jpg

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Your director looks as unfinished as my MSE...

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Had these panels on a V6 wagon. If it helps I now have a VF2 LS3 - I was told in 2016 that a Holden engineer said the reasoning behind why underbody panels were not on my VF2 Calais Wagon was that they were only approved for use on the V6's - (assume the early Government funding re requiring economy improvements had expired or didn't apply to a thirsty V8). Holden warned me not to fit to my V8 as 'not tested or approved' (and they would make little economy improvement, unknown air flows) and no further reasoning was provided. Assume could also become a warranty issue if airflow restriction could be challenged by GMH.
So these have some value, not just to make an oil change in a V6 take longer, whilst the panel is removed to access the sump plug. It is a PITA whilst lying on your back in the driveway, but proper mechanics would use a hoist!

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Your director looks as unfinished as my MSE...

Whats unfinished about it? It's under the car. I remember my Calais V looked nice underneath but no one ever saw it.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Whats unfinished about it? It's under the car. I remember my Calais V looked nice underneath but no one ever saw it.
Obviously the body was prepared with cutouts/provisions for clips, bolts and screws for fixing an aero panels which was not fitted due to cost reduction. On that basis I’d have no issue classifying it as unfinished :p and as the special editions were ment to be the best of the last, even more so ;) whether it is viewable in normal driving is irrelevant to me but if your happy to consider it a finished fully featured best of the last all the power to you :cool:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Glad to hear.....so you have nothing to worry about.
Is it a bit like wearing your best and cleanest undies in case of an accident?