Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Uneven Brakepad wear --

ZXTC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Sportwagon
Hi All

Replaced my front pads on the vt wagon a few days ago. Tested and drove the car for a day before having the front castor bushes and wheel alignment done at the mechanics. Mechanics test drove the car and siad all was ok.
Now the next day the wife complained about a knocking noise coming from the drivers side front.
I checked the brakes to see if anything was wrong and found the pads to be nearly completly worn on both outer edges.
I also checked the passenger side and found the same, pads worn on the outer side.

Any ideas?

Cheers Mick

Hangman

Aspiring Sociopath
Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Land Yacht
When you changed the pads, did the piston push back evenly? If it's wearing unevenly, it sounds like the pads aren't parallel to the disc when they make contact.

How old are the rotors?

anarklov3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 WM Caprice
thats weird for a single side to be completely worn out in a single day.. however if the pins the caliper sit on arent lubed up again after replacing brakes, it will cause this.

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
When you say worn on both edges do you mean that the leading and trailing edges of the pad are worn and that there is only a section of pad in the middle of the brake pad that is in contact with the rotor?

There are a lot of pads that are released like that.
Do they look like the one in the top of the picture?

Attachments

• pads.JPG
    pads.JPG
    138.5 KB · Views: 6,571

ZXTC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Sportwagon
Yes thats what they look like mate.
Just chasing this damn knocking noise.

Cheers Mick

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
Did thay mach the discs
hi all

replaced my front pads on the vt wagon a few days ago. Tested and drove the car for a day before having the front castor bushes and wheel alignment done at the mechanics. Mechanics test drove the car and siad all was ok.
Now the next day the wife complained about a knocking noise coming from the drivers side front.
I checked the brakes to see if anything was wrong and found the pads to be nearly completly worn on both outer edges.
I also checked the passenger side and found the same, pads worn on the outer side.

Any ideas?

Cheers mick