Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Unexpected Outages

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Hi All
There is likely to be some unexpected brief (hopefully) outages in the coming days, currently working with the developer to diagnose a failed upgrade.

Reasons remain unknown and obviously need to get to the bottom of it before moving ahead with a further upgrade in the near future.

Cheers
Darren

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Check the modem.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Thanks Darren and good luck.

Fyi - Site was offline this morning from around 8am till 10ish last time I checked until the afternoon.

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Was working with the XF support staff at the time, unknown to me I killed the database server and didn't realise for about 1.5 hours.

I thought the sys admin was doing some work with PHP initially so didn't worry about it until he said it wasn't him which I thought was the case as we had mentioned to complete that body of work over a weekend as further testing will be required.

In short, the site is too large to be doing it through the GUI, it appears to do what it needs to but in the process spools up 300+ Apache services literally rendering the server useless - likely corrupted a tablet or something when initially upgrading which mind you worked fine on a virtual machine which has nowhere near the power this server does.

Command line was ripping through but gets to the end and says upgrade failed but no reason so the fun shall continue I gather.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
^^^ I don't understand any of the above techo talk, but I read that as an indication as to how popular and well used the site is.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Was working with the XF support staff at the time, unknown to me I killed the database server and didn't realise for about 1.5 hours.

I thought the sys admin was doing some work with PHP initially so didn't worry about it until he said it wasn't him which I thought was the case as we had mentioned to complete that body of work over a weekend as further testing will be required.

In short, the site is too large to be doing it through the GUI, it appears to do what it needs to but in the process spools up 300+ Apache services literally rendering the server useless - likely corrupted a tablet or something when initially upgrading which mind you worked fine on a virtual machine which has nowhere near the power this server does.

Command line was ripping through but gets to the end and says upgrade failed but no reason so the fun shall continue I gather.

Woulden't the site be on more than one server? Or is it just hosted on a single server?
I thought data centres all run blade servers these days.