Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Uniacidz Ride VX SS Monaro Themed

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Yeah, the v6 ones if you love the monaro shape are alot more affordable. Great base to personalize something that apart from the hsv coupe is or will be the rarest of the modern monaros you'd think.

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Na I think the whole cars as a collectible thing is diminishing...baby boomers are off to the retirement homes, their kids will sell of the cars so they can go to Bali for a few weeks or see the world ;) Also in 20 or so years when they will be rare will they even be allowed on the roads, as they dont self drive or have flux capacitors :D

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Na I think the whole cars as a collectible thing is diminishing...baby boomers are off to the retirement homes, their kids will sell of the cars so they can go to Bali for a few weeks or see the world ;) Also in 20 or so years when they will be rare will they even be allowed on the roads, as they dont self drive or have flux capacitors :D

I tend to agree with this.

Although the boomer's kids, who grew up with these halo cars all around them and in many instances owned them in their younger days coz they were cheap and disposable at the time, number a large portion of the owners of them these days.

I think it is the next generation (say the boomer's grandkids) that will flog them off for the $$. Having said that, what will the $$ actually be if there is a diminishing interest in the product ? Maybe I might be able to pick something up cheap in my autumn years.

I can't see newer model cars reaching the silly heights of the 70s machines.....they just don;t have that heritage or aura about them.....only time will tell.

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
yeah the nostalgia factor will be lost on the millenniums, they didn't grow up in the back of the car(though they may have been made in one :D )
..doing family road trips ect...Don't get me wrong there will always be exceptions to the rule just a lot less...also the 2008 GFC drove price up to an all time high as ppl look for alternative investments...add to that the local mining booms where CUBS drove up prices on rusty gold as well...

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
the kiddos get all nostalgic over dragonball z, pokemon and subies, evos and the like - no aussie stuff for them all iphones, latte and imported rice burners.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Who knows what the future will bring , ( can't see them being as collectable as what we consider to be the real classics ) but who knows.
I doubt many of the 60s , 70s, 80s sort after/ rare cars were bought before mid 90s / 2000 with investment in mind .
Most would have been bought because said person really just wanted to own and use and depending on when bought dirt cheap ( although only really probably considered cheap in hindsight with what they're worth now).
Again v6 monaro because it's cheaper and not as common would make a nice / slightly different project .
Reinforces that you buy a car firstly because you want to own and use .
If it becomes a collectable or worth a bit that's a bonus.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
So back in a car as of yesterday

Got a Holden Berlina 2006 V6
Had a engine and transmission change 5 years ago and replaced under warranty.
Gotta admit has some poke about it. Not a slouch at all.

Serviced and such regularly

AND i am only looking to maintain. NO MODS lolol
Bought a car I can service. maintain and respect and get me moving again.
If I had wanted a V8 variant of the VE Series, I be looking at a additional 10k

I just needed a car, summer approaches and so needed something.

Mum seems to love it as we had a family Subaru Liberty roughly same colour so hey she likes it.

Pics below are from the seller advertisement.

Been washed already. Needs a new headlight so might change both and a seat plastic and windscreen side moulds which I have already done. Not too bad at all.

Lg1Vkny.jpg

M6IrCUS.jpg

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Hope the timing chain is good. Not really a fan of the early VEs but then again I'm not a fan of any sludgetec. Least it looks tidy enough.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Hope the timing chain is good. Not really a fan of the early VEs but then again I'm not a fan of any sludgetec. Least it looks tidy enough.

Yeh that was something I made sure of.

I was looking at a 2006 AH Holden Astra which had belt changed and water pump but rough body.
Gave em a offer and didnt get back to me in time so got the VE which apparently for sale for 6 months.

Mainly though, wanted a car for summer.

Also, no more 19inch cracked rims and tyres all the time and lowered hard ride. And No BLACK cars.
I actually want a break from mods. Never get back the money you put in either.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina

Yeh that was something I made sure of.

I looked at many cars, researched. Almost got a Audi A3.

Recently I was looking at a 2006 AH Holden Astra which had belt changed and water pump but rough body.
Gave em a offer and didnt get back to me in time so got the VE which apparently for sale for 6 months.

Mainly though, wanted a car for summer.

Also, no more 19inch cracked rims and tyres all the time and lowered hard ride. And No BLACK cars.
I actually want a break from mods. Never get back the money you put in either.