Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Uniacidz Ride VX SS Monaro Themed

Oldman monaro

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 monaro
Nice car mate jus wondering do u or anyone on here have trouble with water flooding the driver side floor only has happened twice but there is a lot of it about 2-3 inches any help would be great I have a 2002 cv8 monaro thanks

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Car looks amazing good work!

Cheers

Nice car mate jus wondering do u or anyone on here have trouble with water flooding the driver side floor only has happened twice but there is a lot of it about 2-3 inches any help would be great I have a 2002 cv8 monaro thanks

Never heard of it.

Can be a few things, check the forums. Could be Windscreen leaking, Seam in the spot weld under drivers wiper shroud (silicon to fix it) and or something else entirely.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
My main battery which I had in my car had been getting a bit dodgy of late and about 3 weeks back, it finally died on me.

I was literally driving the car, took it home and turned it off, remembered I needed to do soem more shopping and went to start the car and could barely turn the starter. Took out the battery and the damn thing was hissing at me.

Prayed that was only a battery and not a starter issue so chucked in my spare battery which is about 320CCA and presto, started straight away.

The spare is struggling normally, turn on the radio for 10 mins and basically the car cant start. Happened last weekend when working on the car and had to get NRMA to help out. Even he wasnt surprised that my battery died quickly and couldnt turn over my car, the battery has to be around 460-500CCA and above.

Was going to buy a AC Delco branded battery (basically a Holden and Ford supplier of batteries but fairely recommended and about $99 ) but found a NRMA battery which is worth about $199 when new on ebay. Only been used a year and they have a 3 year warranty.

Won it on auction for $37 and picked it up within 45mins of winning auction a couple suburbs away. Checked the battery status indicator and was fine and chucked her in the car and worked brilliantly and took her for a drive to bed it in.

bat1.jpg

bat2.jpg

Last edited:

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Decided to sell my Black Calais Centre console and silver surround with silver dash fascia (dash needs resanding and repainting)

Spent a fair bit of time on this, oh well

Up on ebay now, link via my signature or here
Ebay

con1.jpg

con3.jpg

Last edited:

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Looks awesome mate , where did you get the gold spray for the calipers from looks the goods on a black car .
Also for the strikers did you just wrap duct tape round the metal ?

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Thanks. It does have a great presence on the road.

Strikers, I eventually picked up 3 in good nick from the wreckers, but yeh I used black electrical tape. Is more durable then normal duct tape. The pictures show how much to put on as well.

Gold VHT i bought from Bursons, but that came from Cairns to Sydney. However went to Autobarn and they had a stack load of them there.

Is well worth doing, stands out much more and looks classy. Previously on other car i had all four wheels off and did it that way. This time i did fronts then rears but all in one hit.
People over protect the fender panel and cover everythign up, I must be lazy as i use a plastic bag over the rotors, tape up bits that need to and tape some newspaper in certain areas and paint. I didnt even cover the fender panel lol

As long as you are careful, and have wax and grease remover in case, is easy enough to do safely

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Centre console sold for $81. Not too bad considering it needed some work. I initially bought it for $89 so not too bad.

Havent done much to the car as of late

Have 1 point on my license so decided to not do any performance mods for now. eeek.

Still got some stuff to do to it, but financially everything on hold, annual leave took a heavy dip into my savings and so need to work on that back

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Finally since buying the car 7 months ago, i fixed the cruise control
Cruise Control Fix.
Holden Service Centre Ripoff quote
Cruise control, switch $89
Labour $148x2
... Diagnostics $90 x2
Test Drive
... Total cost $565

McLoven Ball Runner Big Gonads Auto Service Centre of Brilliance
Cruise Control Switch $0
Labour x 2hrs $0
Petrol $9
Test drive and working fine
...Total Cost $9

Pic shows comparison of switch to a pen
Switch connects to backing plate of brake pedal next to brake light switch
Quarter of underside of drivers side dash had to come out to fix this including a air vent duct and service port plating and kick panels.

Originally the car didnt have the switch, one of previous owner took it out and did something with the original one.
Anyway, all running now and runs great.

Still cant believe what Holden wanted to charge.
Still cant believe how the previous owner didnt care for the car

cruise1.jpg

cruise2.jpg

Last edited: