Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Uniacidz Ride VX SS Monaro Themed

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Another useless update really
(car modding is in idle stasis)

Oil Update
Love the Liqui-Moly oil, no drips, nothing
Seems to be fantastic for now.
Quieter, happier and no dramas

Roof Lining and Map Lights/Sunglass Holder
Fantastic.
Great mod and best mod i have done. Feels more modern and just great that i did it.
So happy i went ahead and did it.

Sway Bar Link pins
Fantastic also. Not missing a beat or a sway

Plugs/Leads/Boots
Still havent installed as will be installed more then likely with extractor changeover, still need new cats though.
No rush. In fact got the extractors almost 2 years ago. Thats how much of a non rush its been. lol
Shocking.

Key
Erm yeh
Kinda like dropped it in the kitchen sink whilst doing dishes, was bobbing in the water for about a minute or so and so of course had issues.
Had to open it, and dry the thing
So redid it again, redid solder of battery and multi metered it and seemed to hold charge fine so after drying, reseated it and put back together.
Stripped the current paint on it, and tried using brake caliper silver and engine enamel black then clear coat, tried to go for a industrial look like the phone cover, but failed and went marble effect. lol
Oh well, glad wasnt the genuine key but happy with the whole results anyway.

Mobile Has taken up my time of late
As prior post, wiped stock rom and upgraded to HolicsROM v1.3 and added a dark theme running LeeDroid tweeks also.
Might experiment later on with diff ROMS but for now, happy with current.

Impressions - Stable rom and good upgrade overall for a new mobile. New batteries still enroute and some more from America, and also docking station etc.
Did overclock it from 1.5ghz to 1.7ghz (dual core) but became unstable, so reverted back to stock speeds anyway. Its fast enough.
Just like my cars and computer, not the absolute fastest and greatest but with some modding can compete and excel easily over the newer ones.

Also changed over to Amaysim from Vodafone, seems worthwhile so far. Better speeds and also more stable connections.
Whilst its not 4G speeds (yet a 4G capable mobile, just not the network), I am more then happy with the results.

Was having Sync issues with Facebook calenders, but worked around it by downloading current FB calender into a ICS format, uploading/importing to gmail calender.
Hence phone syncs with that calender and now working fine.

key11.jpg

key12.jpg

mob7.jpg
mob8.jpg

mob9.jpg
mob10.jpg

Last edited:

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Been a sunny weekend. Love it.

Sun, surf and sunburn

Friday night I washed the car after a 5km walk
Last two weeks been sick with gastro bug (that was fun) and inner ear infection (so trippy wandering to the right lol)
Whilst that was happening, was hoping my elbow will sort itself out, but the tendon still dodgy. (tennis elbow basically)
So no more weights, just cardio work etc for now.
Shoulder though is better and improving (tendonitis)
Think elbow is caused by me nursing the shoulder and trying to be 'safe'

Washed it waxed it and detailed.
Was about 1 month of no washing, due to that weird rain sessions Sydney had, and high winds etc but quite happily, it came up quite good considering.

Really didnt need a wax but thought why not.
Did I use that Meguiars System they sent me? no
Sent me one part of it, its too small and useless IMHO + my cordless drill battery decided to not last long anymore. So sad.

Anyhoos, Friday night also installed a sunshade in the rear of the car.
Hate it when at night ppl can see in even with 20% tint. So made it a bit darker.
Harder to see in, virtually impossible, but lets enough light for me to see out and also whilst reversing and if cops complain, its collapsable within 10secs.

Took some pics today whilst on way to the beach, (#### it was busy, glad Eloura is out of the way from the hub of it all)

Used my camera phone, took some good pics.
Like all cameras, its hard to get a good pic of a black car when its fricken bright surroundings.

selfie1.jpg

selfie2.jpg

selfie22.jpg

selfie3.jpg

selfie4.jpg

selfie5.jpg

djdomohudson

Mad frogs
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Sedan / VE International Sportwagon
Yes a dash facia for your head unit would be very nice

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
Black looks nice when just polished but doesnt last a day in this constant changing weather. Yes Uni polish that exhaust tip son (or photoshop it shiny haha)..

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Black looks nice when just polished but doesnt last a day in this constant changing weather. Yes Uni polish that exhaust tip son (or photoshop it shiny haha)..

Yeah, a clean car lasts all of a day if you're lucky!

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Yes a dash facia for your head unit would be very nice

Got one already, is waiting in the garage.
Its a CBF'd thing and trying to fiond the right paint thing.

Its gonna be done in one hit, Dash Fascia, gear surround and also rear vents painted.
Then install the fascia stereo kit
Also to change gear selector plate to the marble one i got a while back.
Also either painting the gear selector button and handbrake button at same time to Chrome finish or silver matt finish vinyl wrap.

So its in the works.

As for polishing my exhaust, lol its a exhaust.