Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Uniacidz Ride VX SS Monaro Themed

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Headlight Repair Done

So further ado, pics finally of the car with the headlights in it.
Prior to install though, like myself on Saturday, headlights baked in the sun (UV clear sealer) all day curing whilst myself only a couple hours

So Saturday night comes round, This weekend was just about the car and nothing else.
1. Installed the headlights (Spare set)
2. Also managed to fix my bumper alignment
3. Washed car with Meguiars Wash n Wax, Shammy and polish cloth (was so dirty)
4. Fixed key again. Boot lock button came out literally as i finished the car.
Re-opened and removed old expoxy and got some newer stuff and its back together and working again.

So also crossed a few things off the list.

Happy camper??
To me, a far better result now but will monitor and have backup plans in place in case headlight deteriorate.
Urethane and mineral spirits 50/50 miz and scotch cloth and or just a brand new set.

Headlight beam alignment is pretty damn good for the headlight beams
Managed to get it done without too much hassle and with the Phillips Xtreme globes, getting about a 40-45metre range from the normal driving lights
High beams are Phillips too and are fantastic, looking at around 850metre range.

Now the photos were taken using my mobile, with a upgraded camera, using HQ-CameraV1.5_Ultra_0
I used the HDR function with combo of my editing program on home computer.

Came out ok, but I am disappointed that my phone camera literally takes better pics then my normal camera

Anyhoos, sleep is needed.

NOTE
First two pics is HDR feature, last pic is just normal settings using editing program

HDR
head03_zps63371f72.jpg~original

HDR
head01_zps1ae468ee.jpg~original

Normal
head02_zpscc1c62d4.jpg~original

VXSSTurbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
Looks so ultra clean mate!!! Great job all round. That tow bar is cringe worthy though :eek:

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Looks so ultra clean mate!!! Great job all round. That tow bar is cringe worthy though :eek:

Cheers man
Funny you should mention that

Been meaning to take off the hitch interlock as still need the car to be practical when needed.
Have been umming and arring about leaving it on

Also need to remember to take a sewing needle downstairs to fix up my wiper jet, one has become lazy

Last edited:

djdomohudson

Mad frogs
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Sedan / VE International Sportwagon
Those headlights... ah so pretty! So clean! Even pixies would leave footprints behind its so damn clean!

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Those headlights... ah so pretty! So clean! Even pixies would leave footprints behind its so damn clean!

Haha yeh man.
They are ok for now, not 100% perfect unless i bought a newer set which i am still contemplating but they are 100% better then before.

Towbar hitch now removed permantely and have a hitch cover coming to cover it up.
Wiper jets sorted.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
So I'm like a fricken idiot
Another day on the office.

All happy now that car was done over the weekend, get to work today and accidently got too close to a gutter in the parking at work, reversed and partially unclipped the bumped from its mounting points so quickly pushed it back in but alignment was out .......... MOFOOOOOOOOoooo

So get home, find out due to the springing back of the bumper, fog light globe not working. ..........dammit

Oh hum
Tight squeeze to get to the nuts of the foggies and remove,..... like a 18yr old catholic girl.
So change the globes and then wonder why none of my spares working. Multimeter the connections and all working ..........WTF
Ended up being i wasnt earthing the globe. ..........Sheesh im dumb.
Anyway, changed that globe and now one is brighter then the other, ..........MOFO
Get under other foggy and change that globe also with same brand as one i did earlier, like Danoz Direct. ...........Take that biatches

Whilst under car, thought may as well do oil change. .............Yeh cool, I will be careful to not spill any
Sump plug on tight, sockets dont seem to work, find a ring spanner and slowly apply pressure and slowly she turned without stripped. ...> Farrrrkkkkkkeeeennnn

Look at bumper and think you fricken ****, basically took it off and placed back on again and a push here, wedge there its back on better then before. ........... bastard
Once oil is drained, look for my LED flashlight. Where the #### did i put it. ....,grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
So like a headless chicken running around the car getting dizzy trying to find the fricken flashlight.
Ended up being on the lip of the bumper. How the hell it got there i dont know. ........ like WTF

Anyway, oil is drained and placed sump plug back on, chuck in some Nulon Full Synthetic 1 litre fast flowing(i just hate this oil and was left over) and some Castrol GTX about 2 litres and run car for 10 mins
Doing so, i also clean up and seem being a nice clean boy and put some tools away

Drain the flushing oil and presto, play around with bumper again. ..........grrr
Remove Oil filter and whilst nice and warm, slips onto side of my head and onto the concrete. ......... Thats just bloody great.
Get new filter i prepared earlier .. Danoz Direct... and install.
Tighten sump plug and firm this time, not too firm ya bastard........... I know im strong but ease up bro

Pour in my Liqui Moly Oils and additives and check levels and all fine.
Then found out one of my engine cover nuts is missing and no where to be found. ........ Farrrkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Find my spares eventually, had them in a 'safe bloody place' and tighen them all up

Went to lower vehicle off stands but can I? noooooo cos some moron cleaned up and put away his spanner earlier that is needed now..... bright spark here
Find my spanner, lower car and start it and check oil levels etc.
Where the hell did I put me fricken flashlight again ..... grrrrrrrrrrrr

Anyhoos, started to clean up and started pouring the old oil into 6liter Nulon oil container and accidently move and great, used oil goes over concrete.
Thats just brillant
Keep pouring away and finally fill it up and wash out the oil pan and funnel.
Inspect the conrete and degreased that mofo and cleaned it right up. ....... frickennnnnnn

Clean up finally and bout to head out but make some additional headlight adjustments.
Wheres my fricken flashlight againnnnnnnn. ...........grrrrrrrrrrrr
Find it in the boot with my toolbag where it not supposed to be and find my phillips head screwdriver and adjust. Im ok with that as knew needed some fine tuning

Get all happy as concrete is clean, everything is done and bout to leave and starts spitting rain. ......... Just bloody great, I just washed the car basically yesterday.
Stuff that, so get the car warm, go up and down my unit block complex and bed that oil in that way, couple revs here and there to piss off the neighbours.

Then came upstairs.

Typical working on my fricken car on a fricken worknight.

Moral of story?
Dont hit bumper on gutter

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Just a headlight update

Using Phillips xTreme H4 globes, with a virtually clear lense I am getting about 90-100metres range.
Not bloody bad at all.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Got this hitch chrome cover. well fake chrome.

Dunno if it suits the car, or needs painting.
If painted, prob do a black, maybe gloss.

Opinions?

IMAG0081_zps14c5179b.jpg~original

IMAG0082_zpsd47d6284.jpg~original

IMAG0086_zps1b0dcce0.jpg~original

Mk2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais S2
Paint it. I need to get one of them myself and I'm going to colour code it when I do. Yours will blend better than mine though since my car is Tungsten with the grey Calais lip so it could turn out pretty awkward.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Paint it. I need to get one of them myself and I'm going to colour code it when I do. Yours will blend better than mine though since my car is Tungsten with the grey Calais lip so it could turn out pretty awkward.

Yeah in leaning to paint it. Got some primer and black gloss engine paint and should work fine

Linkage below
All the others I have found are about twice to three times more expensive

Holden ones expensive also

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=291062663104

Sent via HTC Velocity + [HolicsROM v1.3] [SWEEP2WAKE]

Last edited: