Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Uniacidz Ride VX SS Monaro Themed

SVNDR

Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VXII Exec
Looks nice man! I sometimes wish my car was black haha looks like such a tougher colour then white.

While im here do you mind if i ask how you hook up them LED strips? Each bit you cut off do you need to wire it up to another strip if LED or what? And you can pretty much cut them every 3-4 sets if LEDs hey? Ive never used them before but with a 5m strip i bet i can decorate the hell out of my interior haha

Lets say i wanted some in my boot, do i need to run a wire from the existing boot light to the LEDs? Or do they have there own power source?

Cheers

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Every section (3 leds) can be cut

Easiest way is to check out the below. You have to solder wire onto the indicated connections.

As far as boot is concerned, I have a strip that runs along the width of the boot right near the boot light shining straight down and its tapped into the boot light wiring. Small dremelling of the light lens to have the wires come out when boot lense is in place. Eventually will drill into the metal and thread them through but thats fine. Handy hint from experience, remove boot light fuse.

And in the boot i have actually knocked 2 leds off through wear and tear (had a fuel tank in the boot)and the rest are still working

ledins1.jpg

Last edited:

SVNDR

Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VXII Exec
Every section (3 leds) can be cut

Easiest way is to check out the below. You have to solder wire onto the indicated connections.

As far as boot is concerned, I have a strip that runs along the width of the boot right near the boot light shining straight down and its tapped into the boot light wiring. Small dremelling of the light lens to have the wires come out when boot lense is in place. Eventually will drill into the metal and thread them through but thats fine. Handy hint from experience, remove boot light fuse.

And in the boot i have actually knocked 2 leds off through wear and tear (had a fuel tank in the boot)and the rest are still working

ledins1.jpg

Yea i just watched a couple vids on youtube. Seems pretty straight forward. Deffinately going to put some in my footwells when i can be bothered. Do you rekong it would be safe to run 2 sets of strips (one for left footwell and another for the right) off one power source (12v lighter socket) or would there be problems?

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
You can. Others have and the strips use so lil power as well so wont be a drain.

And should be fine to the constant 12v. Means they are on all the time unless you use a switch or instead tap into the dome light wiring so auto turns off etc via the BCM

SVNDR

Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VXII Exec
You can. Others have and the strips use so lil power as well so wont be a drain.

And should be fine to the constant 12v. Means they are on all the time unless you use a switch or instead tap into the dome light wiring so auto turns off etc via the BCM

Do you have any idea where i would wire them
upto to, so they only turn on when i turn my headlights on? Is there a 12v source i could use under the dash somewhere?

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Easiest would be the Illumination 12v source.

EG, radio etc. Radio be best bet

VX SS Stereo Wiring

Accesories - Yellow
Constant - Orange/White
Illumination - Brown/White
Earth - Black/White
12V OUTPUT - Yellow/Red
Radio Mute - Yellow/Black (VT onwards)
Antenna up - White (VR onwards)
Antenna down - Blue (VR onwards)
Illumination OUTPUT - Grey (VT onwards)

Speakers
Front Left (+) - Tan
Front Left (-) - Grey
Front Right (+) - Light/Green
Front Right (-) - Dark/Green
Rear Left (+) - Brown/Black
Rear Left (-) - Yellow/Blue
Rear Right (+) - Blue/Orange
Rear Right (-) - Blue/Black

SVNDR

Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VXII Exec
Awesome mate! huge help! ill see how i go with it all either way, if not ill just get the lighter adapter haha cheers again!

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Fuel Flap Repair Part 1

Broke the fuel flap whilst at the petrol station as was in a rush, grrrrr

Anyway, had a really good look at it when i got home and had a quick read as well on the forums.

Alot of people dont bother fixing it. Luckily my one was repairable. Was going to plastic weld it but looked too fragile and hence i decided to use a very rough but effective solution, Expoxy resin and Expoxy Putty.
Had many success with this combo and decided to used it again this time. Decided to strengthen the bracket and flap with rough as guts solution. It worked.

Estimated repair cost if i bought a new flap and had it painted
New flap - $50
Colour matched - $60
Total - $110

My dodgy repair cost to existing flap
Total repair cost - $20
Eventually will probably get a new one, but have already trial tested this and aligns as it did before, and works fine. Just needs to harden and that takes 3 days.

Also fixed the outer rubber flap ring.

Tools and adhesives used;
Cleaned surfaces
Used existing Dremel Tool
Used existing Screws
Used Selleys Superglue
New Selleys Araldite Super Strength Expoxy Resin
New Selleys Knead It Expoxy Putty
Used existing Plastic from toolbox.

1. Firstly superglued the bracket back to the flap
2. Using dremel tool, drilled holes from bracket to inside of flap
3. Screws inserted and tightended into flap to bracket
4. Drilled rough holes into flat side of flap for expoxy resin to bite into
5. flooded the flap and holes with heaps of expoxy resin and shaped the plastic bits and placed them into place with resin in between each part
6. Layered all 3 plastic orange bits in place and screwed them into the flap
7. Let it touch dry
8. Kneeded the epoxy putty and whacked it onto bracket and flap in critical areas

Looks rough but its only half done. Once its all dry in a few days, will probably just put a coat of black bumper paint on the inside then basically no one will know.
Will also attach a wire from bracket to flap in case it does fail and hence so flap doesnt fall from car at 100km/h.

flap1.jpg

flap2.jpg

flap3.jpg

flap4.jpg

flap5.jpg

flap6.jpg

flap7.jpg

flap8.jpg

Last edited:

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Fuel Flap Repair Part 2

With existing parts, paints and tools i decided to spare a couple hours and finish it off.

1. Masking taped the fuel flap along the runner and outside face
2. Using a dremel tool, grinded down the screws a bit and smoothed out the repair including the putty which is rock hard now. Love that ****.
3. Grey primer, 3 coats
4. Black Bumper spray 4 coats (used this as its flexible and gives a weird matt finish which i wanted
5. Clear coated a couple warning labels for shits and giggles. Didnt come up like a new sticker but im not fussed.
6. Removed masking tape, used a hair dryer to speed up drying times betwen coats
7. Trial fitted and secured.
8. Tooks some pics
9. Went for a drive
10. Glad i didnt spend money on a new one.

With $20 spent and about 3 hours of my casual time, its fixed. Not bad and stronger then the original.

I hope this shows how its it is to fix and helps someone out in the future

flap9.jpg

flap10.jpg

flap11.jpg

flap12.jpg

flap13.jpg

flap14.jpg

flap15.jpg

flap16.jpg

Last edited: