Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Unidentified Police Vehicle...

Faz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais
Hey everyone, I was in Dandenong today and saw a VE American style police car, it was completely white, nudge bar, pillar spotties, clear lense LED light bar and some small black checkers on the bottom of the drivers door however it was gone as quick as I saw it, does anyone have info/photos, happy to be redirected.

Cheers

Asmodai78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V Sportwagon
it could of also been a Sherrifs car

brasher

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
That it?

946273_577823932248795_536215967_n.jpg

Faz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais
Na not that one, she only lives up the road from me, Pure white with black nudge bar, light bar, pillar spotties, stockies...

ChewieSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 SV6
Dont know about the car, but I saw a guy (in a car) being booked by a cop on something like this. I was so surprised at what I was seeing I didn't take enough time to identify the bike, but it was a KTM and I reckon it was this one.....totally unmarked.

990_SMR_MY2013.jpg

Caddy87

Reaction score
Members Ride
You can actually buy all the light bar, nudge bar fittings etc from security shops and the like, as long as the LEDs inside are white or yellow and not red/blue. There's a security shop in Alexandria (Sydney) that has a VE GTS fully kitted out and looks exactly like a HWP car but is in fact not affiliated with the Police at all. Why anyone would do that is beyond me but hey, there's some belters out there!

Faz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais
I can understand doing it with an older car however I could never justify it on a GTS, unsure of your state laws however in Vic you are aloud to have whatever coloured lights you want providing they are covered or incased in a clear lens whilst driving or on public property, once on private property it's open slather, there's a few loop holes there, I'm aware of a few resorts around vic which have old fire trucks for there own purposes and they are still equipped with red/blue lights but they don't leave the property, there is also a fire truck party company down here that happily drives around with all red/blue lenses exposed, I guess it comes down to whether or not the police share your vision of a novelty car

Faz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais
Hey guys, so with credit to the original photographer here is the car I was talking about that I saw in Melbourne, for your info also PPV stands for Police Patrol Vehicle and 9C1 is Chevy's Special Equipment Options code for police package vehicles. but by the fact this is only a series 1 VE omega and also the 007 number plates are a clear indicator that this is not a real american police prototype vehicle along with the fact it is not a left hand drive but none the less it certainly looks awesome.

Attachments

• 548273_10151515975737096_181564867_n.jpg
    548273_10151515975737096_181564867_n.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 1,306