Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Uniqe home for a V6

Project_HR

Budget Buster
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL V6 Turbo'd Sedan, Turbo'd V6 Altered
i want your garage.

i hate you :p

(and and i want you skills too)

edity* why dont you just clear coat it?

heh, heh, heh. you could have my garage soon, once this jalopy is finished, all I will need is a small place to park it, because I will be OVER projects for a while. I have a soft spot for 65/66 Chevy's too, one of those would look right at home in here....mind you, then I might get all "project" motivated again.....yaaaawn

Got some primer on it now, I had better hurry up and decide on a final paint colour...whew!!! the old head is still spinning from all the fumes LOL

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
Damm, you work fast :D Wouldn't have time to get cold from running around soo much :p

What colours do you have in mind? The safe colour - black, or a nice silver - it looked really good shiney metal, or are you wanting something out there and getting a bright/metallic colour?!

Project_HR

Budget Buster
Reaction score
Members Ride
It looks like it will be safe old black, Henry Ford's favourite. I have about 6 litres of the crap, so I guess I might as well just use it and be done with it. I get so much more done now that I don't over think these things !!

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
Painted yet?!!! :p

I know what you mean, I always over think things :/ Like you, when I just hook in and start somewhere the progress just flows :)
Black will look good. Neat, but silver could be better! :D

Project_HR

Budget Buster
Reaction score
Members Ride
I agree, silver would look better ......so black it is !!! hahaaa

fatvsss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss
wow lot of work ahead will be awesome when your done but

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
I always over think things

i often under-think things... prolly why my wiring took so long :p nothin better than hooking things up "to see if they work" except when you pop something. which often happens.

anyway, back on topic. black is safe, but does it really matter, how much is going to be visable under the shell?

Project_HR

Budget Buster
Reaction score
Members Ride
i often under-think things... prolly why my wiring took so long :p nothin better than hooking things up "to see if they work" except when you pop something. which often happens.

anyway, back on topic. black is safe, but does it really matter, how much is going to be visable under the shell?

The colour scheme for the car is Black/Red at this stage, so it is a safe choice, and I don't want the frame to be a standout feature anyway. Once the body and aluminium panels are on, there will be sod all of the frame in sight anyway.

Project_HR

Budget Buster
Reaction score
Members Ride
And here it is, I shot out this afternoon and picked up the basic bodyshell, which should look quite good once I have made some mods to it to make it fit nicely.