Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

United Premium 100 fuel

Mitchamus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II Calais 5 Litre
Searched forum for this but couldnt find anything bout this. Does anyone out there use United petrol stations premium 100 as a day to day fuel and have they seen any real advantages, also are VS 5 litres Ecos etc able to run this fuel efficiently and safely?

Ive never used it but grabbed a little pamphlet and it says 90s cars are safe etc etc and that it is the normal premium fuel mixed with 10% ethanol.

Brenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6.0L MY09.5 A6
It's the same as E10 just with a higher grade fuel mixed in..

I was using it day to day for a while.. Managed a 0.15s improvement on my 1/4 mile time running it compared to 98.. But there were literally dozens of other factors that could of influenced that.

Stopped using it when I decided that the servo was too hard to turn out of safely.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Goes off in a series 2 L77, with e85 (and typical 400kg payload) pacific hwy run gets 550kms, with P100 gets 680kms.
Feels like a good compromise between e85 rocket fuel and Premium 98, as much as 20¢ / litre cheaper, and not as much carbon build-up either.
Much better availability than e85 also.

Mitchamus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II Calais 5 Litre
Goes off in a series 2 L77, with e85 (and typical 400kg payload) pacific hwy run gets 550kms, with P100 gets 680kms.
Feels like a good compromise between e85 rocket fuel and Premium 98, as much as 20¢ / litre cheaper, and not as much carbon build-up either.
Much better availability than e85 also.

My closest servo is 7 eleven and i only use them if i cant make it to the caltex. The united is like 4kms down the road so i might fill up and see. i think the high octane just with 10% ethanol sounds like a good mix, ethanol for higher octane, cleaner burn and the price difference is also appreciated.

Brenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6.0L MY09.5 A6
Wow I'm surprised there is a price difference between P100 and 98.. Locally the prices are only a couple cents difference at max.

yxyx64

Reaction score
Members Ride
Kia turbo + Holden badge, Chev badge in Texas
Wow I'm surprised there is a price difference between P100 and 98.. Locally the prices are only a couple cents difference at max.

Wow, I'm surprised that somebody makes a pamphlet about petrol.

Brenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6.0L MY09.5 A6
United have to because too many idiots fuel up on E85 cause it's cheap and then complain to ACA and TT when their cars run like **** and die.

yxyx64

Reaction score
Members Ride
United have to because too many idiots fuel up on E85 cause it's cheap and then complain to ACA and TT when their cars run like **** and die.

Oh, and what is the stuff in this E85 that causes the problems?

yxyx64

Reaction score
Members Ride