Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

United to fuel V8 SuperCars

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
A lot of the modified car guys are using it. Over at XR6T forum, plenty are and more would/will if available.
I know not all cars are compatible with E85, more interested who on here is using it. If not as efficient compered to 98 as in MPG, is there an advantage or not?

VBhero

Reaction score
Website
www.australia4wd.com
Members Ride
VXII SS A4
I just wish it would start appearing in some regional areas. Especially major regional centres like here.... just one bowser, thats all I ask

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
A lot of the modified car guys are using it. Over at XR6T forum, plenty are and more would/will if available.
I know not all cars are compatible with E85, more interested who on here is using it. If not as efficient compered to 98 as in MPG, is there an advantage or not?

Bulk power for boosted cars compared to 98 octane unleaded - both my SS and evo run e85 and the power difference is insane.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
How would it go with SV6 ? (I can run it)

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
How would it go with SV6 ? (I can run it)

Well the exact same LFX in the Camaro gets 241kW on PULP... that sorta indicates your car is detuned in the first place.
But how does it perform on 105-112 octane versus say 91/98 fuel depends on whether the flex fuel timing and AFR tables are also detuned in an attempt to reach some accord with gasoline consumption. I'd say so.
However the LFX was built for it, and an ideal candidate for tuning properly for full performance on e85.
Why not try the stock tables out by running the tank empty, filling up with United e85 and forget economy. Actually you can forget closed loop comparison that's almost exactly the same. Do some WOT torque testing and during power enrichment you should notice about 10% more, smoother delivery curve due to reduced or no knock retard, ditto quieter and runs cooler.
Otherwise if I were you I'd get it tuned for e85, seems the best value enhancement to do for an LFX.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Thanks PIR4TE,
Just say I get it turned for 85 if it is not available 98/91 I can still run without any trouble I know it won`t run as good.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Thanks PIR4TE,
Just say I get it turned for 85 if it is not available 98/91 I can still run without any trouble I know it won`t run as good.

Mate in our Australian summer your car can run on 100% ethanol or 100% cheap ass 91, it has a flex fuel sensor and technical provisions so it can run on any combination of either in between and still maintain optimum tune.
Just sayin that nobody I have seen has actually reported on purely performance basis using 85% ethanol in the stock flex fuel tune.
So would be interesting to see how good / if you notice difference using higher octane in your LFX at WOT, part-mash-throttle, and decel. Yeah, real scientific like!
Empty the tank as much as possible before filling with e85, use United, and suspend your shock at 50% more fuel being consumed (up to 9.72 AFR).
Camaro forums are keen too btw, just tell it like it is with stock tune.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I'd love to move to ethanol. Aside about a metre of hose, an hours work and a tune I'm there, but I've never seen it in the ACT. Fluffers.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Sure mate there's two eFlex:
apy5u2aj.jpg

asebujum.jpg