Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

United to fuel V8 SuperCars

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Lol - Spent a night in Michelago in mid winter years ago, at about -14C! MY VH SL/E spat top and 2nd in the stock tri-matic. Obviously feeding the tickled blue v8 a little too hard coming up the Brown Mountain. The motel?? had no firewood so the missus froze her tits off. Mmm warm memories. A cold snow bunny, icicles hanging from the trees and a busted washer wiper bottle, got home with my beloved VH on the back of a Kenworth.

Back on topic - Thanks for the locations Pir4TE. I'm in CBR tomorrow through Wed and will defiantly get there near on empty so I can fillerup with 85% go juice! No science, but I'll post up some anecdoatal info on the comparison between Caltex 98 and Eflex 85.

Cheers

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
A Victa Corvettte with a 4 puff. That's sacrilegious. Long live the 2 smoker!

That reminds me, I must start a thread about converting an LS to a DFI 2 stroke. Now there's an E85 flex fuel sipping powerhouse that would give all y'all fast four strokes a whopping.

kingyinperth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2012 Heron SS Thunder Ute M6
Love the idea of a lawnmower running E85 :smoking: would **** itself pretty quickly though im guessing...

Ahoy ye salty dog(pir4te),as the E85 guru? how many suppliers in perth WA(wait awhile)? only a couple I recall,something ill look at next tune,subject to availablility of the product near me.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
We got the Briggs and Stratton 4 strokers running on MEK paint thinner at school, they took a fair bit of punishment with a good advance (adjusting the magneto on the fly), .5mm spark gap, drilled carb and straight thru exhaust. Ah the flames. I shudder to think of the brain damage I caused myself. SQUIRREL!!

I just buried my last 2 smoke. Victa Mustang 160cc. 28 years old, one rebuild. Finally put its leg out of bed and I got lazy. Only $50 for a full reco kit, but the $500 190cc 4 smoke Victa did call to me.

I have to admit farting in its general direction causing it to start was a plus vs. the cursing and sore arm of the Mustang.

Panther_Brad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6ltr
Apologies if this has been asked is it beneficial to get your car tuned for E85? Or no real advantage

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Panther_Brad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6ltr
Is it beneficial to get your car tuned for E85? Or no real advantage I did read the posts but still unsure

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

kingyinperth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2012 Heron SS Thunder Ute M6
^^^^ I think if your in a VZ? there are a few mods required besides the tune..upgraded fuel pump, fuel lines,perhaps more?..others with more knowledge on E85 and compatibility might weigh in but id guess probably not worth it mate.