Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Universal electric antenna wiring

calais24/7

Mucca Mad Boys
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais II 5L, 98 rodeo v6
Quick question thats giving me the shits, i bought a universal antenna from supercheap, the internal one you stick on your window. It just plugs into the antenna socket on my h/u. Anyway there are two other wires connected, a grey wire and a black one. It gets like NO reception unless i wave my hand over the grey wire or hold it. It had no instructions with it. I know it should work my mate had the same one in his vr and just left the wires loose like me and had perfect reception. My question is, what are the two wires and where can i put them
Sorry for the dodgy description :p

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
Id say Black = Earth.. and the Grey.. to say like a power supply.. Normally there's a antenna wire coming from the H/U that you could connect to...
You could go back where you bought it.. and ask them if they knew how to install?

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
Yeah i was thinking it black was earth, but i dont see the grey being power, how could it still get recpetion if its not connected?

Hmph, The big cable that goes into the H/U would be a reason you get reception.., If that cable isnt connect..then you wouldnt get a thing.. Being an electric antenna it would need a current to amplify the reception .

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
Well Id say so, Could either take it back.. ask them how to install.. /get your money back.. or take your chances .. Grounding and hooking the grey wire to something..